TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock Auctions begins sending listings to Google Base, Froogle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Overstock Auctions August enhancements and bug fixes.  The site is now uploading listings to Google Base/Froogle daily.

Quote: Post subject: Enhancements & Bug Fixes 8-15-06 
Hello Everyone,

The following enhancements and bug fixes have been completed today:

Google Base

We began sending Google Base a bulk upload file containing all MIM (Make It Mine) auctions. We expect that sellers should start seeing their MIM Overstock.com Auctions items in search results on the Froogle and Google websites. (depending on the search criteria used)

Auctions’ Headers Now Match Shopping’s Headers

The Overstock.com Shopping site revamped their tabs last week. In order to remain consistent with Shopping’s homepage, we updated the codes for our tabs to match those displayed on the top of Shopping’s homepage.

Search Results Fixed For Terms Including Characters

When doing searches for terms which include characters such as the ‘&’ symbol that should return several pages, users have only been able to see correct results on the first page. For example, when a search was done for “Rock & Republic,” the first page showed results for auctions including the term “Rock & Republic.” When trying to view the next page, it would contain results only for “Rock.” Now when doing a search containing characters, the correct term searches will appear in the results.

O-Tracker Watch List Corrected

Some of our users informed us that the numbers they were getting back from Sellathon’s O-Tracker appeared to be incorrect. When we looked into this further, we discovered that every time the same visitor viewed the item on his or her watch list, Sellathon was counting it as a unique visit. We have now changed the variable that we send to Sellathon so that the number of watches will reflect the number of unique visits.

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...hp?t=14384
I had a sale on the 16th that I strongly suspect came from the google upload.    I'm gonna ask.  Smile