TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: What are the odds? I hate giving refunds...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tongue I had something sitting in my eBay store for 2 years--one of a kind. I also had it on my web site. At 12:00 yesterday it sold off my web site, at 2:00 yesterday it sold out of my eBay store. I have over 300 items on my site and I sell the same thing twice in one day to 2 different customers. I'll have to be speedier in my sophisticated dual inventory system (manual revision) I guess  BangHead. Kim
Hi Kim,

Believe it or not, similar things have happened to us... note that I said "things"... plural!  :blinkie:

We have our products listed on our web site and though our product gallery at bcentral, and yes... the same item sold to two different buyers more than once.  Here's a stumper... we sold a 1950's pattern and when my better half was double checking the pattern pieces, she noticed a piece missing... was en route sending en email to the buyer explaining this and it sold AGAIN, before my update was complete.  So not only did we sell an item twice... but we sold a DEFECTIVE item twice and had to email both customers of the discrepancy... ~ACK!~

Ahhh... the joys!    Tongue2

Cheers

I actually did that twice in one day around Christmas time last year. But in my case, it wasn't that surprising because they were hot items. It just happened that I only had one left in that color or size.
I've had a book sell on one venue and then on another venue before my book listing/management took could update it - within about 30 minutes.      Uh, several times.  I fill the orders in the order in which they were received. 

I think those things just happen. 

At least you're getting sales, right?? Smile

Congrats on the webstore sales.  You've done great.
Well, I guess we all do it. I have oversold and quickly bought more to cover it, but I couldn't do that in this case.

Iron - Yes, I am getting sales so that is a good thing. I hope to be busier than heck once summer is over. Even better my husband got a $300 sale this a.m. (only his 2nd sale so far) and he's had his site longer.

You know what I love? You ship the thing and never hear a word about it unless they come back and buy more. No feeback blah, blah, blah. Lanetzliving from the stores board closed her eBay store earlier than planned because her site is doing so well. She said her internet customers buy more and complain less  Icon_biggrin . Kim
Although she's somewhat of a competitor (kinda, sorta... but that's ok) I was thrilled when I found she had closed up her ebay shop altogether and is putting everything into her web store.

Ebay probably lost about $6-7000 annually when she left, and her type of merchandise is exactly what the latest fee hikes targeted... lower-dollar items.

I tell ya... when the bargain sellers are gone from ebay, there will be nothing left... 'cuz that's about all that is there now, anyhow.

Cheers