TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Stock Analyst We don't believe the issue is with the seller. It's the buyer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: While eBay plays wait-and-see, analysts from Piper Jaffray & Co offered a notably dour prediction about the effort.

EBay is plagued by other problems that a fee increase won't cure, analyst Safa Rashtchy said.
Perhaps more pressing is the malaise that's settled over eBay buyers, which creates a domino effect that may drive down auction listings.

The fee increases "in the end, it may not matter," Rashtchy wrote in a report for clients. "We don't believe the issue isn't with the seller. It's the buyers."...

full article: http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/St...newsfinder&siteid=google&guid=%7B0DD9ABD7-EE0F-4C6A-9B0D-654D63534F15%7D&keyword=
Although Rashtchy or the author of the article above Charny, didn't elaborate
on the "issues" with the buyers... we all know here what the real deal
has been for quit some time and I can see why analyst are
reluctant to address many of "issues"
as many may have already addressed these issue plaguing the eBay site
and grow as tired of stating the "issues" over and over again
(as the sellers do) to only fall on deaf ears at ebay HQ.

One thing is for CERTAIN in my mind.

eBay will NEVER get the "magic" back with it's current polices
and management at the helm.
I'm not sure if they can EVER will get the magic back.

I DO think the top officials at eBay already know the entire business
is in jeopardy but like a child who spilt
milk on the carpet, they will just not pony up and clean up the mess.

They would rather allow the milk to sour than admit they spilt the milk.
But once that stench hits the rest of the house,
someone is or should get a real spanking.

At least *someone* has some balls to speak up and leak a few hints to the world.
Quote:But once that stench hits the rest of the house,
someone is or should get a real spanking.

Well there definitely is a stench to Ebay these days.  Laughing7

Maybe Bill and Meg could beat each other to death.  Whip2  Boxing
I emailed Ben Charny to correct a few false statements.

Quote:You stated (as ebay has done) that the increase in fees is 6%. This is incorrect.I am including a link to a table of fee increases and if you choose to do so, you can clearly see that ebay has bungled the math. The actual increases and the impact on sellers is actually much greater than 6%.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/ebayfeechart.php#store

Additionally, many sellers, myself included, did not leave because we felt that we couldn't absorb the fee increases. We left because ebay is badly run, has given us every indication that they could care less how they impact our business plans, and indeed, behave as though their constant changes to the marketplace don't impact us at all.
They have made a very large mistake this time. I  doubt that a recovery is possible with the current management in place.

Regards,

Nicole Seelmann/bellisima507
Former Ebay Store Owner

PS//I was banned from the Discussion Boards after speaking out against the fee increase several weeks ago.

>Big Grin