TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: How do I add an Image??? osCMax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Icon_scratch  I am using the default install template (from Template Shopper -AABox) for osCMax. I have made my 2 part logo for the top section of the main page. I need to replace OSCMAX_top.jpg and OSCMAX_top_low.jpg. see www.missmollyquilts.com

I found in: templates/aabox    main_page.tpl.php:

' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'OSCMAX_top.jpg', ' ') . ''; ?>

and

' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'OSCMAX_top_low.jpg', 'osCMax v1.8 - Power e-commerce') . ''; ?>

I am able to change the but my new logos do not show when I replace the oscmax jpg. Is the DIR_WS_IMAGES a clue??

I've uploaded my images to the IMAGE file where I found the OSCMAX images.

Please remember I was in my mid 20's when they invented computers and I have been trying to catch up ever since. Go ahead, talk to me like I was a 3 year old!  Lol

Molly
Hi Molly Wave

I haven't started working with OxCMax yet, but Xp has, so I am going to e him to see if he can help you with this. It may be a while before he responds, so hang in there!! ;D
There is going to be a lot of files to play with MM.

Let me see if I can remember what the heck I did.
The manuals are referencing wrong files to play in.

The oscmax jpg is located in a few of the php files.

What I did first was simply change the name of my logo to the oscmax jpg name and up loaded it to /includes/images directory.
The file stucure is a trip and I'm still learning how to manipulte it around but this will give you an idea of whrere your main files are what they are called. there are index.php engilsh.php and a few others I've been playing with.

Quote:DIR_WS_IMAGES

is located in /images/ .  The filenames are case sensitive.

You could rename your file to OSCMAX_top.jpg and you wouldn't need to change the code (and rename the OSCMAX jpg if you want to save it)
PS go here:
http://oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Ms2MaxGuide

But beware they are referencing a /catalog/ ...we don't have that..
so just forget the refrence to /catalog/ and see what the examples are
after that. Took me three hours or so just to figure out how to remove

OS and a box links from the bottom but it is another simple echo that's removable. I sould have been documenting what I was doing but was just to darn into doing it most the day yesterday. If you want to see how far I've gotton... PM me I'll give you the url and I may be able to go back over some of the steps.
[quote author=regic link=topic=4958.msg21943#msg21943 date=1156967519]
Quote:DIR_WS_IMAGES

is located in /images/ .  The filenames are case sensitive.

You could rename your file to OSCMAX_top.jpg and you wouldn't need to change the code (and rename the OSCMAX jpg if you want to save it)
[/quote]

Yea what regic said... that's what I did to any pics already in the structure that I wanted to be different than that what is already there.
Thumbsup Thanks, XP and Regi.

I wondered about doing that. I've waded through files "where no man has gone before" all day. Looks like I may need another "for Dummies" book.  Lol

Molly
I did that most of yesterday and it all started to click somewhat.  Big Grin

Once you start seeing what the main files are that are associated with the main pages it's starts to come together. Replacing the same like named gif and jpegs will get get you going to see what u can do.

PS make sure you have a complete back up of the originals on your pc or server somewhere that way if you screw up a file you can always go back and get that file and start over. Also start to built your own file structure on your PC with the like folders as you see them on the server too. With your mods that do work...
Helps when your trying to upload a moded file you made to know where to put it.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4958.msg21951#msg21951 date=1156968883]
PS make sure you have a complete back up of the originals on your pc or server somewhere that way if you screw up a file you can always go back and get that file and start over. Also start to built your own file structure on your PC with the like folders as you see them on the server too. With your mods that do work...
Helps when your trying to upload a moded file you made to know where to put it.
[/quote]

I made 2 backups right away ... I know how I operate  Laughing7 I either document everything I've touched or make screen shots. When you are stumbling, it's easy to mess things up.

I did get the images uploaded using the osCMax names. Take a look www.missmollyquilts.com  Took awhile to get the lower image to match. I really wanted a transparent gif here but gave up and made a jpg and tried to blend the background shading.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my next round of ???  It's really nice of all you guys/gals to create my site for me!  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3