TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Survey of Online Auction Sellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Auctionbytes is conducting a survey of online auction sellers.  You can answer the questionaire here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=757012536982
The results are in...Yahoo Auctions and Amazon Auctions stand to gain the most in coming months with 14% of eBay sellers saying they plan to begin selling on Yahoo within 6 months and 11% saying they will sell on Amazon Auctions.  Bidville and Overstock tied for 3rd as the most popular desinations for diversifying eBay sellers.

The big news:
Quote:The most startling figure that jumps out from the results come from eBay sellers. 92% of respondents currently sell on eBay. According to the results, only 38% of the respondents plan to be selling on eBay in 6 months.

Websites also figure heavily in future plans:

Quote:A large number of respondents (54%) have their own website or storefront. For those who do, 29% said it makes up over 50% of their sales, and 50% said they made more sales in the past 12 months from their website/storefront than in the previous 12 months.

the full survey results with charts:
http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y206/m09/abu0175/s02
An article discussing the Auctionbytes survey:

Quote:1,118 of the 1,225 survey respondents, or 92%, currently place all or part of their inventory on eBay. However, when asked if they intend to be selling on eBay in six months time, only 457 (38%) said they would. The shock in these numbers for me was that the question was specifically about the core listing format and not eBay stores. Well over half of the eBay seller respondents have effectively served notice that they intend to quit the site within six months.

When the same questions were asked specifically regarding storefront usage, only 658 (56%) of the respondents said they currently sell in an eBay Store and, of these, only 243 (21%) said they would be selling there in six months time. This suggests a similar intended exodus in percentage terms by store sellers as those selling via the short duration core listing formats.

Now I realise these are just statements of intent and the reality could well prove different. Regardless of that, even these stated intentions should concern eBay in my opinion.

full article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article...ioned.html
Quote: 92% of respondents currently sell on eBay. According to the results, only 38% of the respondents plan to be selling on eBay in 6 months.

My goal is 10% of sales on Ebay.  I've cut my Ebay sales from 30% to 22% since July.
Quote:The most startling figure that jumps out from the results come from eBay sellers. 92% of respondents currently sell on eBay. According to the results, only 38% of the respondents plan to be selling on eBay in 6 months.

Hmmmm......this is not good news for scambay. Happy001
Vote Here. What Auction Site should We All move to.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000355444&tstart=0&mod=1158721393003

I just can't believe it.
Seems so many just don't get it yet?

The BIG companies obviously already ran the numbers
in the US.
MSN, Google, Yahoo and the others.

They are NOT interested in stepping UP to the plate. IMO
There is a reason for that and they KNOW IT. (I mean the BIG guys do.)

I would love to go over there and paste 1000 TIMES

Get a WEBSITE
Get a WEBSITE
Get a WEBSITE

But I know what happens when you try to show THEM stuff.
So what's the point.  :Smile
eBay board poll from xpp's link.  I pity these poor fools if they rely on SALES to pay their bills.  :Smile

Quote:21 WP

16 HiBi*dr

1 IO

1 Lowbid

1 BV

1 Overstock

1 BJ

2 EC

1 Y
I've been scanning around and it makes me want to do a STAR thing.

Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke

I feel so depressed when I see see this shit.
But a little voice keeps saying.  LET THEM BE the SHEEP they are.

Many of us have spent countless hours trying to convince these peeps
and all we get is stalking trolls and morons with out a clue.

I say (with tears) Confusedheep5: on them.
Quote:I feel so depressed when I see see this wombat poo poo.

Me too.  HiBidder uses a $200 auction script and lost 95% of its listings last week due to owner stupidity and it's #2 in that poll?  Overstock only 1 vote and Amazon 0?  :Smile
Pages: 1 2