TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Idiocracy - New Movie by Mike Judge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went and saw this last night. I recommend it--at least on dvd  :icontvlol: . Quite a clever commentary on the dumbing down of America and the future of corporations running the world. It's a dark satire. Double interesting that it comes from the creator of Bevis & Butthead. This is the review that made me go see it. Kim:

http://www.calendarlive.com/movies/revie...ovies-util
It wasn't released in New York  Sad  I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD.  Sad
Quote:Fox has been sitting on Mike Judge's comedy "Idiocracy" for almost two years, allowing no one to see it, not even reviewers, finally releasing it Friday, September 1, in a piddling seven cities — Austin, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and Toronto — with no plans to open it wider. Not even New York will get to see the latest from the Austin creator of "Office Space" and television's "Beavis and Butt-head" and "King of the Hill."

Not even New York. Wow. It's barely out here (L.A). There were 10 of us in the theatre--it isn't listed in any of the movie summaries or even on Moviefone.

I've been thinking about that movie all week and my husband and I have been quoting things from it at each other as we see moronic things occur.

Someone bump this thread when the DVD comes out. Kim
Kim,
You can probably buy a pirated copy on eBay.   >Big Grin

You can also sign up with Amazon for them to notify you when it comes out on DVD.
http://www.amazon.com/Idiocracy/dp/B0000...03?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Ha Ha Ha.  Miss Helpful. ^-^ Kim
No release in San Francisco either.  Angryfire
Idiocracy: 500 years in the future the Smileykoolaid drinkers rule the world--it is not a pretty sight. They have no crops and a major dust problem because the makers of  Smileykoolaid have replaced water with  Smileykoolaid everywhere except toilets. They irrigate their crops with  Smileykoolaid  and  Smileykoolaid comes out of the drinking fountains. Kim

P.S. Actually a Gatorade type thing, but we have no smiley for that.
Kim,
The link to the Amazon sign up was legit. 

Also, I recieved your e-mail.  Thanks for sharing!!!! 

Kim - I just read a review of this move in Entertainment Weekly and it sounds very good!  Maybe it hit too close to some movie mogul's business plan?  I hope it gets good word-of-mouth and the DVD sales and rentals are BIG.
Quote:hit too close to some movie mogul's business plan

I think you are correct  Director . Kim

Pages: 1 2