TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Andale launches Honesty.com free eBay buyer research site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
press release:

Quote:Andale, Inc. (www.andale.com), one of the largest providers of listing tools and research services for eBay sellers, today announced the launch of Honesty.com (www.honesty.com), a free service that helps provide an easy way for eBay shoppers to find bargain prices among items currently on eBay.

The culmination of more than two years of development, Honesty.com is a culmination of more than two years of development. Honesty.com displays live listings using technology developed by Andale to identify the best bargains. More than just an aggregation of listings, Honesty.com provides an easy-to-use drill-down structure that is a fast and accurate way for a buyer to find the bargain of their choice.

Honesty.com displays both the average selling price and a calculated bargain price, based on historical pricing; a buyer can immediately see the value of the specific bargains they discover. The site displays items in a list format with accompanying images: bargains are marked with a special icon, and the user can choose to see only bargain items or all items currently available on eBay.

"For a buyer, knowing the right price to bid on an item is as important as finding the item. Bidding too low will result in lost bids and bidding too high will result in overpayment," said Prashant Nedungadi, Andale’s Chief Technology Officer. "Honesty.com mines historical sales on eBay and uses proprietary algorithms to determine true bargain prices for items on eBay. Buyers can use the bargain price as a proxy for how much they should bid and still have a high chance of winning the bid."

Beyond getting the best bargain, the Honesty.com website offer an RSS feed allowing a buyer to keep up with trends or wait for the best bargain. A buyer simply performs his search and selects the RSS button: the results are populated into his RSS reader, Website or blog. Honesty.com RSS supports Google, My Yahoo, My MSN, My Feedster and Bloglines.

Happy001  Another nail in ebay's coffin. Thumbsup
Every time I hear "honesty.com" I can think of Scott & the whole Ethical meltdown.

I know Andale purchased the counters and I'm guessing the domain from him. Interesting that they're actually going to be using the domain for something specific again.

I can see the title tag now... "Find products BELOW bargain basement prices!"

Toothy10

[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5045.msg22481#msg22481 date=1157557455]
Every time I hear "honesty.com" I can think of Scott & the whole Ethical meltdown.
[/quote]

That was the first thing I thought of when I read this.

[quote author=FiberGuy link=topic=5045.msg22484#msg22484 date=1157560153]

I can see the title tag now... "Find products BELOW bargain basement prices!"

[/quote]

Unfortunately. 
Honestly...

I don't see why we all need yet another PLACE
to go to look for stuff we want or need on the web.  :Smile

Now if they are going to PAY for the stuff we want / need
on the web for using their service.

OK I'm there.  Thumbsup

I'm so tired of all these comparison sites and BS sites
all trying to "cash in" on an advertising industry that has lost it's grip on reality.

The web changed everything... and at EVERY turn the middle men
(advertising industry) are trying to regain their
monetary HOLD on ads and ad $$ being spent.

Or as it is NOW. NOT being spent.  Laughing7