TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Did eBay Buy HiBidder? Controversy on SB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a fun thread on eBay's conspiracy to buy out all the little guys.

The question:
Did eBay buy out auction site HiBidder?
Is it a subversive rumor?
Does anyone care?

Read on:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000184064&tstart=0&mod=1157647814609
Does anyone care?
Doubtful. Smile

It was probably started by a WP cheerleader.  There's another thread bashing onlineauction.com on the eBay Stores board .   :Smile

EDIT:
Did eBay buy out auction site HiBidder?
According to deepriverman, Warren Buffet is going to invest $5 billion for a 49% stake in Wagglepop (because searchers will desert google and froogle for WP according to DRM) so I guess anything is possible.  Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
Quote:Your search - HiBidder bought by eBay? - did not match any documents.

Did a few searches, all returned the same thing---no info available. There would be articles in the business/market mags if it had occurred. When are they saying it happened?Icon_scratch
LMAO, BBH. I still wonder if DRM isn't one of Ray's inner "children," feeding the need to express himself anonymously on the boards.

Belli--eBay didn't buy HiBidder, it seems. There WOULD be something about it somewhere.

Apparently all the drama is supposedly about the HiBidder site getting hacked, and the contact info page getting replaced with eBay's contact info. For whatever reason. The funny thing is the people who swear they saw a ghost (the so-called replaced page) vs. the people who swear that ghosts don't exist. LOL.

Quote:Did eBay buy out auction site HiBidder?

No, they decided I'd be a better investment. Yellowtonguerazz

Quote:Amy's Total Listings 29,000 vs. HiBidder 28,508

Gen074
September 23rd Wrote:Amy's Total Listings 29,000 vs. HiBidder 28,508

The point of a listing contest is to list--not delist :Smile

update- me 31,114 ||| "ebay competitor"/board spammer extraordinaire HB 27,711 :imptongue:
Stop picking on HiBidder! Didn't you get the memo??? Today is National Be Nice To boinktard Site Owners Day!

[quote author=amy link=topic=5063.msg66004#msg66004 date=1193924353]
September 23rd Wrote:Amy's Total Listings 29,000 vs. HiBidder 28,508

The point of a listing contest is to list--not delist :Smile

update- me 31,114 ||| "ebay competitor"/board spammer extraordinaire HB 27,711 :imptongue:
[/quote]

Time for an update Smile

LISTINGS
me 68,878 ||| "ebay competitor"/board spammer extraordinaire HB 42,198 :imptongue:

JULY TRAFFIC (Quantcast US people)
Zen #3 (11,200 items): 4,376 US people
HiBidder (42,198 items): 4,201 US people
Zen #1 (2,730 items): 3,856 US people

TRANSLATION: stop wasting your time at sites like HiBidder you idiots and concentrate on selling from your own websites

MINOR TRANSLATION: I like to thumb my nose at HiBidder any chance I get Yellowtonguerazz