TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Study Ranks Presidents' IQs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:GEORGE W BUSH has the lowest average IQ of all but one American president since the start of the 20th century, according to the estimates of psychological researchers.

He “is definitely intelligent . . . certainly smart enough to be president of the United States”, says Dean Keith Simonton, a psychologist at the University of California.

But his intellect falls below all other presidents of the past 110 years except Warren Harding, who was in the White House briefly in the 1920s and regarded as a failed president.

Bush’s estimated IQ is about 20 points below that of his predecessor, Bill Clinton, “a disparity that may have created a contrast effect that made any intellectual weaknesses all the more salient”...

full article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0...64,00.html
ps The Times is the UK's most respected newspaper - the equivalent of the NY Times or Washington Post in the US  :twistedevil:
Quote:Simonton says: “Low scorers on integrative complexity can only see things from a single perspective — their own.”

Bush’s score, he says, is comparable to “extremist Islamic fundamentalists in the Taliban and Al-Qaeda leadership — with the notable exception of Osama Bin Laden, who is lower still”.

Sounds accurate to me.  Happy001 Happy001
Quote:GEORGE W BUSH has the lowest average IQ of all but one American president since the start of the 20th century

Big surprise. Confusedarcasm1:

Quote:He “is definitely intelligent . . . certainly smart enough to be president of the United States”

I so do NOT agree. Happy001

Any neo-cons here? :twistedevil:

Quote:But his intellect falls below all other presidents of the past 110 years except Warren Harding,

OK, so it's lower than Reagan's IQ  :blinkie: , but is it above Bonzo's?
[quote author=regic link=topic=5092.msg22853#msg22853 date=1157899365]
Quote:But his intellect falls below all other presidents of the past 110 years except Warren Harding,

OK, so it's lower than Reagan's IQ  :blinkie: , but is it above Bonzo's?
[/quote]

Lower than Ronnie's? :blinkie:
Sad.

Quote:but is it above Bonzo's?

Doubtful. Happy001 Happy001

I'll take common sense and street-wise any day over *high intellect*.  The smartest IQ usually does not make the best leader.

Reagan surrounded himself with people he KNEW to be smarter -- more educated/intellectual/experienced than he was.  He had the common sense to do that for the good of the Presidency.  Being very street-wise and people-savvy, he knew how to strategically deal his poker hand, and then play it.  Shoving a non-existent, fictional SDI program down Gorbachev's throat, then publicly (via the world) challenging him to 'tear down this wall' were both brilliant moves that required great understanding of human reaction and behavior -- *street wisdom*.  Very likeable fellow and inspiring speaker, and leadership at its finest.

Supposed high IQ and/or intellect, via Rhodes-scholar Clinton, brought absolutely nada as far as accomplishment within the presidency or for the world.  Very likeable fellow and a brilliant speaker, and embarassment at its finest.

I'll take a Ronnie any time he's offered.

Today's particular President, as well as both opponents selected to run against him in the past two elections, are ALL severely losing propositions and need to be swept under the rug.

I don't see any really outstanding person right now for the future, either -- no matter the political party.