TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Alleged Best Offer Enhancements - Now in All Categories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:***Best Offer Enhancements – Now in All Categories*** 

Hi, this is Sohil Gilani, and I'm here to share news about our Best Offer feature. As a refresher, sellers can use Best Offer to receive purchase offers from buyers, and then decide whether to accept or decline them.

Back in January, we made a number of improvements to our Best Offer feature for Fixed Price listings on eBay Motors. A few months later, we started testing these improvements on eBay.com in the Jewelry and Watches categories to see whether buyers and sellers found them useful. The test results have been very positive – we saw an increase in the number of accepted Best Offers, and a decrease in the amount of time required for sellers to manage them. I’m now pleased to announce that in the next few days we will extend these enhancements to all categories across the site.

These expanded Best Offer capabilities include:

* Increased Number of Offers – Buyers in all categories will be able to make up to 3 offers per item (increased from one), making it easier to negotiate a price acceptable to both parties.
    * Counter-Offer – Sellers can respond directly to a Best Offer by either accepting the offer or by making a counter-offer.
    * Auto Decline Feature – Sellers can set a minimum Best Offer price that they will consider. All offers below that price will be declined automatically.

To learn more about Best Offer, please see our information page.

Sincerely,

Sohil Gilani
Senior Product Manager
Quote:Sellers can set a minimum Best Offer price that they will consider. All offers below that price will be declined automatically.

Geez, if I wanted to play that game I could just list the item in an auction. What part of "fixed price" is so difficult for eBay (or IDIOT buyers) to understand. eBay management wants to be pictured alongside not only the definition of bizarrebut also bazaar.

I wonder what their next braindead idea will be?

Bob