TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: HiBidder Database Implodes, 95% of Listings Lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The site had 23,000 listings pre-implosion.  It's now showing 5,000.

Quote:Hello Everyone,

Yesterday morning, at approximately 6am CST, the HiBidder.com database imploded. In the simplest terms possible, the database was corrupted, and the corruption affected all of our data. We spent most of the morning
attempting to recover data from daily back-ups, however - the corruption existed also in the back-up files.

As such, we lost more than 95% of our item listings. We are extremely sorry for the affect this has had on each members' listings, hard work and efforts. We appreciate that rebuilding listings is not an easy task, and are waiving any/all listing fees for the foreseeable future.

We appreciate each and every member and their contribution to the HiBidder.com site. We have a wonderful community, and there is daily discussions about rebuilding, relisting, bulk-listing and future growth to include marketing and promotions in our community forums. We welcome you to drop by and find many helpful members, who like you - may have lost listings and are rebuilding the site.

We are committed to our primary goals and objectives of being a family-friendly online community, and hope that you will relist and help rebuild our site. We have a brand new, state of the art database, with site-specific features built in to ensure no future database corruption.

We also have moved HiBidder.com to a dedicated server, which will support our growth for a long while! We hope that you will stay with HiBidder.com, and help us rebuild our site! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the site staff via the Customer Service link on each
and every page. As you know, we offer the best customer service available and will continue to do so.

We're committed to you and thank you for your membership!

Thank you,
The HiBidder.com Staff
discussion here: http://www.hibidder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2239
and here: http://powersellersunite.com/about6889.html

Nobody seems too upset. Days of work lost, No biggie.  Kumbaya and all that sh.it.  :twistedevil:  :Smile

Quote:Database Implodes

Is the owner related to Bidzig :Smile
Quote:We have a brand new, state of the art database, with site-specific features built in to ensure no future database corruption.

Liar. You're using MySQL and there is no "built in" feature that will "ensure no future database corruption"

Quote:We also have moved HiBidder.com to a dedicated server

They were on a shared server?  Happy001  One dedicated server doesn't give them much room to grow.  :Smile

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=5129.msg23168#msg23168 date=1158206876]

[/quote]

They both graduated from Boinktard U. Smile

mandy Wrote:Liar. You're using MySQL and there is no "built in" feature that will "ensure no future database corruption"

I enjoyed his comments about the new database too.  ;D He's either clueless or he hopes everyone else is because MySQL is far from a "state of the art database" compared to other SQL engines like PostgreSQL, Oracle, db2, etc.

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=5129.msg23168#msg23168 date=1158206876]

[/quote]

Is the owner related to Ray Romeo? :blinkie:
Quote:95% of Listings Lost

I did my bashing of HiBidder and its owner back in January (summary of January rant:  "what an incompetent Boinktard " ) so I'll refrain from saying "told you so, told you so Yellowtonguerazz " today.  :Smile :Smile :Smile

Quote:We hope that you will stay with HiBidder.com, and help us rebuild our site!

There is no way I would stick around and relist my items if that ever happened on any venue. :Smile
[quote author=regic link=topic=5129.msg23202#msg23202 date=1158253702]
eBay boards discussion:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000221473&tstart=0
[/quote]

brainchemicals is busy working on it. It totally frustrates me and boggles my mind that those people believe  he is just another one of them. Particularly since he was so publicly exposed.

Confusedheep5:Confusedheep5:Confusedheep5:Confusedheep5:

When I'm working on an HTML file, I usually make several backups of it. I'm paranoid.

Guess they've never heard of not keeping all their eggs in one basket. They kept all the eggs, chicken, and feed in one basket and backed it up after the basket fell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8