TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Microsoft Office Accounting to Include eBay, PayPal Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Microsoft might have hurt the feelings of businesses a bit when it dropped the words "Small Business" from its accounting software (even though the newly named Office Accounting 2007 is still aimed at companies with 25 or fewer employees, a Microsoft spokeswoman said). However, new features that add a direct link between accounting and eBay and PayPal services may make up for the name change.

Last week, the Redmond, Wash.-based company announced the availability of a beta version of new version accounting software,...The new version is designed to help smaller companies do more business on the Web thanks to the addition of e-commerce integration and online invoicing features.

For example...Office Accounting 2007 will offer new integrated services to allow you to sell more easily on eBay. Taking advantage of eBay's APIs, you can select products from your inventory, list items for sale on eBay and view status of those listings from within your accounting application.

As long as you have an item in your inventory in Office Accounting 2007, you can easily add it on eBay. Rather than adding the item through multiple screens on eBay, you enter all the data on a single screen in Office Accounting 2007...

full article: http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/news/article.php/3631801
A review:

Quote:I'm always on the lookout for time-saving ways of doing things more efficiently, and that includes selling on eBay. I'd like to say I'm trying to save time so I can sell more. But the truth is that I'm "organizationally challenged." When I obtain inventory to resell, it usually gets added a huge Microsoft Word file. If I'm in a big hurry, the data goes right into Turbo Lister, and from there, to eBay. So I was interested to learn of a product from Microsoft that combined eBay listing capability with accounting features.

Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2007 can download transaction information about the items you have sold so you can calculate how much you've earned, how much you have collected in sales tax, and so on. And what's more, it enables you to list items for sale on eBay. You also get integration with Office 2003 that lets you email invoices through Outlook and share customer contacts with Outlook 2007...

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y207...bu0183/s04
A followup to the Auctionbytes review:

Quote:Last month, I reviewed Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2007, writing about it from an eBay seller's perspective. I followed up with Microsoft via email and got some additional information that is helpful if you had read the original review . Karan Khanna, Director of Product Management at Microsoft, supplied the information below.

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y207...bu0185/s04