TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: OK - I got a bit giddy on the ebay Stores Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Do have a look before it goes bye-bye  Sunny

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000223331&tstart=0&mod=1158417223194

****Disclaimer****

I'm still working on my ration of coffee for this morning!  Lol

Back to work!    Whip2

I don't think the first person who responded got the sarcasm in your post.  ;D
From the SB; alias=Fiber Guy Happy001

Quote:Slow sales? TRY THIS!
old*fabric*guy  (0 ) View Listings | Report Sep-16-06 07:33 PDT
Here are some options ranked by priority and effectiveness:

1) Close your ebay store, run only auctions... at least that way, some of your wares will be seen.

2) Lower your prices! You've seen the suggestion many times on ebay's relisting page. It works! And the BEST part is, ebay will make more money if it sells!

3) Try that silly vacation tweak discussed here: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000325204&start=0
Hey... if you wanna sell on ebay, you better learn all the "tricks".

4) Sell OTHER peoples stuff! You've heard it suggested here before... No money tied up in inventory! EVERYONE should be a consignment seller! Convince your consignees that no matter WHAT it sells for on ebay, they got a fair price for their product.

5) Sell Chinese CARP/knockoffs/bootlegs... what have you... everything from those cutesy cuddly kiddie's plush toys that sell for 100 times what they're worth to legitimate copies (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) of designer fashions! Forced labor and state-owned businesses is the future, and ebay is going to be a major part of it! Claim your stake NOW!

6) Attend every ebay university class that you have time for... only there will you discover the SECRETS of selling on ebay!

7) Buy every book about selling on ebay... only in those books will you discover MORE SECRETS of selling on ebay!

There's more, of course, but I'm not sharing... and this being a posting ID, I can honestly attest that I've followed the above suggestions and MY sales are THROUGH THE ROOF!

If you haven't tried these suggestions, then you HAVE NO RIGHT to complain!

One final suggestion, and perhaps the most important part of successful ebay selling: Accept the fact that ebay IS the be all, end all of online selling. There is NO other place online that can offer you what ebay gives you. Whatever decisions they make about fees, changes in site structure, billing issues, fraud... it is in YOUR BEST INTEREST to comply with GRATITUDE.

Hope this helps!

P.S. My book will be coming out soon!

Sometimes the rayon just goes to my head...

1 replies Date posted Reply #
(745 ) View Listings | Report Sep-16-06 07:40 PDT 1 of 1
I must agree about the consignment option - a guy contacted me through the trading assistant program. He only lives 10 minutes from me and I have been selling all his books, antique dishes, etc because he is moving. I have now become an eBay powerseller again. Though I don't get to keep the $1,000's I've sold, I do get a commission on it, without investing any of my money.

It is a good option!

I love it, lol! Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
[quote author=regic link=topic=5163.msg23406#msg23406 date=1158420059]
[/quote]

No, she didn't. She never does. Laughing4
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=5163.msg23408#msg23408 date=1158420428]
[quote author=regic link=topic=5163.msg23406#msg23406 date=1158420059]
[/quote]

No, she didn't. She never does. Laughing4
[/quote]

And those are the idiots ebay loves.  :Smile

The "look at me whoop whoop yea
I got a BIG start next to my name I'm a  POWER SELLER now.

Aren't I special?
I give ebay LOTS of my money.
I just love them gooo    eBay".
sip sip sip  Smileykoolaid
And there is another reply from the thread that just don't GET IT.  Lol

They have a website too:
I"M NOT GOING TO ADD IT. Go look at thier ME page.

Go take a look at the site...
COOL stuff but um where is the shopping cart button guys?  Icon_scratch
Yea they are marketing geniuses for sure.  Thumbsup

They have many variations you can order but still NOT
one add to cart button that I can see.

Yep no wonder they like febay.

There morons without a real clue.

Oh yea thier links to sell... take you BACK to thier eBay STORE. :blinkie:
You're right, Xppman. I guess a "Power seller" icon is like a badge that says "I give LOTS of money to eBay."

I never thought of it that way. LOL.

well, i dunno the deal, i respopnded to this thread once already.

where it is/went, is beyond me.

anyway, i'm suspended for a week for flooding that board, or I'd have been on that "i'm a powerseller again," like a coat of paint.
Quote:There morons without a real clue.

Gary is an asphole. He varies between being a rabblerouser and a cheerleader----whichever suits his mood that day.

I just posted to the thread. Happy001
Quote:anyway, i'm suspended for a week for flooding that board, or I'd have been on that "i'm a powerseller again," like a coat of paint.

If you have something that you are dying to say, I'll go say it for you.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7