TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Just Fell off MSN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was doing great on MSN since just a couple of weeks after opening my site. Now I am gone  :'( . Is this just life in the search engine world??? Does MSN "punish" you for running Google adwords? Kim
No serious chat on Saturdays. 
  Yellowtonguerazz But I need to know NOW so I can sell more to pay for my tap dance classes (she is giving us a discount since we are refreshingly old and fun to work with  Sign10 ) Kim
[quote author=DecorativeDishes link=topic=5168.msg23530#msg23530 date=1158450747]
I was doing great on MSN since just a couple of weeks after opening my site. Now I am gone  :'( . Is this just life in the search engine world??? Does MSN "punish" you for running Google adwords? Kim
[/quote]

Google Adsense and Adwords don't make any difference in search results.
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=5168.msg23540#msg23540 date=1158460350]
[quote author=DecorativeDishes link=topic=5168.msg23530#msg23530 date=1158450747]
[/quote]

Google Adsense and Adwords don't make any difference in search results.
[/quote]

MSN has 192 pages of your site indexed.  Search results can jump around when the search engines do updates.

Ah  Sign13 MSN finally switched to the new Live Search.  The MSN engine was officially dumped this week in favor of the Live engine which is why your placement has changed.  I know practically nothing about Live's ranking criteria  :-[

http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/blogt...oMore.html

Thanks for answering. I'm trying to get a handle on this, but I understand it is a moving target.  Crazy2 Kim

All I can say, Kim, is keep promoting/improving/adding to your site... the changes you make today won't be seen for a month or more in the SERPs...

On a side note... we may be gearing towards a big hit in the coming months... our Yahoo directory listings expire, so I'm holding my breath wondering what effect it will have on OUR SERPs...

Cheers

Quote:our Yahoo directory listings expire

We have 5 Yahoo Directory listings. We paid a one-time fee of  $199 per listing in '99/'00.  Smile

I probably wouldn't pay the $299 (?) annual fee they're charging for newer listings.
Explain that Yahoo directory thing. I noticed some local chiropractors (our day job) have those listings.

Fiber are you going to renew?? Do you get $24/month worth of business from it?? Kim
Quote:Fiber are you going to renew?? Do you get $24/month worth of business from it?? Kim

Short answer... no, we're not going to renew at this point.  Directly, there's no way we get $24/month worth of sales from our links... people just don't use directories to shop like they used to (several years ago).  I pretty much knew that going in... the reason I paid for inclusion was to help our link popularity when we were first establishing our web site... which I do believe that it did help in boosting our Search rankings.  We'll have to see once we are removed, just how much it helped.

As far as traffic... we get maybe half a dozen visitors per month from the directory...

OK... I just checked our stats... 30 visitors from the directory from Jun 1 to date... Not a good return if traffic is your main concern.

There's lots and lots of free directories... I spend about an hour each week submitting to those.  A link is a link is a link...

cheers

Pages: 1 2