TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: E-check Clearance Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got word from PP that my Scotland buyer's e-check for $175 had cleared.  From Sept 6 to Sept 18!  I was starting to get really embarrassed about a *bank to bank* withdrawal taking so long to *clear*. 

I wonder if the new US-based BidPay would do the same thing?  Has anyone here used the supposedly new service for an international purchase and had any experience?

Also, for those here that use Moneybookers, what is your experience with them?  I would presume that their e-checks would clear within 3 to 4 days, perhaps, but what time does it take you, as a US seller, to get your funds after requesting a withdrawal?
I've seen the same thing with international E-checks, they take a lot longer to clear than domestic ones.
Thanks for the reply!  I should think that users of moneybookers wouldn't have to wait nearly 2 weeks for their echecks to clear, since I've heard that echecks are the predominant payment method.
I have no experience with Moneybookers so I don't know.
Last time I drained my moneybookers account it took about 5 days for the check to reach me.  It's not a bad way to accept payment from other places, especially in places where bank wires are more common than credit cards.  You have the buyer wire the money to your account at moneybookers, then have moneybookers either wire to you or send a check.  I don't like giving out the SWIFT info, so I'd rather just have the check sent in the mail.  Check is made out in USD, so all is good.
[quote author=Jen link=topic=5185.msg23675#msg23675 date=1158608828]
Last time I drained my moneybookers account it took about 5 days for the check to reach me. It's not a bad way to accept payment from other places, especially in places where bank wires are more common than credit cards.  You have the buyer wire the money to your account at moneybookers, then have moneybookers either wire to you or send a check.  I don't like giving out the SWIFT info, so I'd rather just have the check sent in the mail.  Check is made out in USD, so all is good.
[/quote]

Bolding mine:  That's why I signed up with them in the first place to accept international payments.  I thought it was a smart thing to do, and that bank wires or e-check transfers were the way to go in Europe.  And in my way of thinking, it shouldn't take as long as the slow paypal/US Bank clearances where they can legally keep the money as long as they want before actually giving it to us.

Well, this is only my first international sale, so I won't make any changes to my TOS just yet.  If I get any more, I'll try to get them to use moneybookers to try it all out. 
Smile

Edit to ask:  Jen, am I right?  Does the buyer's payment to moneybookers *clear* relatively fast?  No 2-week holds?