TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Drop in eBay page views, time spent on site, represent declining buyer activity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: First the, apparently, good news that unique visitor numbers had grown on eBay by 20% year on year to August 06. A visitor could be either a buyer or seller but, at first glance, you would think this growth should be good news for the auction site.

However, to muddy the waters, the actual number of eBay pages viewed fell by 10% over the same period. So we apparently have more people looking at less pages and this is confirmed later when we see in August 05 the average different page views per visit to eBay was 36 but this had fallen to 30 a year later. Further confirmation that people are doing less when they visit eBay comes in the average time they spend on eBay each day. The average eBay visit in August 05 was 22 minutes. A year later it was just 17 minutes...

My major concern is that the fall in visitor page views and time spent on eBay is more likely to represent a reduction in buyer activity. This concern is perhaps supported by eBay’s justification for the recent stores fee increases and reduction in search visibility...

full article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article...views.html
Graham missed one reason for less page views: the buyers can't find anything. Ebay has hidden so many listings that the choices are not what they used to be. The only thing that you can find in quantity are the junk and scam listings. And it will only get worse when Ebay fully rolls out their new smart search (which is actually incredibly stupid).

Ebay is just plain NOT FUN any more. It is nothing but frustrating.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5192.msg23740#msg23740 date=1158671445]
Graham missed one reason for less page views: the buyers can't find anything. Ebay has hidden so many listings that the choices are not what they used to be. The only thing that you can find in quantity are the junk and scam listings. And it will only get worse when Ebay fully rolls out their new smart search (which is actually incredibly stupid).

Ebay is just plain NOT FUN any more. It is nothing but frustrating.
[/quote]

Ditto. Will they never get a damn clue? Smileykoolaid
I'm so fucking over eBay.
I can't even believe I even tried to list an item and for
the wrong reasons to list it to boot. :oops:

(My little buddy from almost a year ago e mailed me yesterday claiming I am coping his shitty designs). Well to make a long story short... I didn't respond to him, I simply reported him for abusing the eBay e mail system.  Lol

Anyway stupid me, decided this morning to screw with him a little and list
a variation of a rack I designed a long time ago. Just to piss him off.
Well the gallery image url is correct but I keep getting e mails from feebay saying
"The problem is:
The host in your url could not be found".

Why did I even fucking bother?  Violent1

I went through this last week on another listing and the gallery image was
NEVER changed at eBay.

OK we are only talking .70 cents here but I just can't believe it takes 4 times as long to list an individual item and you can NOT really revise it. I can't take the Gallery image out
and after changing it THREE times it shows on the SYI page but not anywhere else.

I'm going to wait a couple of hours and if the CORRECT gallery image does not show up on feebay.
I will cancel the fucking listing.  (I knew better).  Nono

If they will NOT re credit my fees for this technical issue with their
fucking fucked up new SYI form
I may consider leaving all together. 

It's simply not worth the time nor aggravation anymore to be associated
with this fucked up company.

End of rant.
Quote:It's simply not worth the time nor aggravation anymore to be associated
with this boinked up company.

Ain't it the truth!

I had planned to list a few things once in awhile but, every time I consider doing so, I read the boards and see one problem after another and decide against it. It just keeps getting worse and worse. They are doing NOTHING right anymore.  Protest The whole site is just one effed-up mess.
I hadn't been to the eBay site in a week. Last night I bought something from eBay after first trying to find it on a retail website. I found it cheaper on eBay and ended up buying it there--but I've shifted most all of my online buying to retail websites over the last few years (and in the last few months, especially).