TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Just Closed My eBay Store
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have always been impatient (born 2 months early; got tired of waiting). I just couldn't wait unitl the 22nd. for the Big Party  Occasion18

Actually, it's rather sad. All those years of hard work down the drain.  Sad  I ended 449 items. I still had over 2300 to list but couldn't find the time, what with all the glitchments to keep repairing.

I was very polite with my exiting survey:

Why I wanted a Store? - duhh! to make a living

Why are you closing? - I can't sell it if no one can see it.

What other sites...? - None of your business. You should worry about your own backyard ....

Problem areas...? - entered exact title of an $999 auction item into search and it never appeared in search results. Had to relist again (more fees ... hmmm!) because it did not sell.  I found there was not enough space to answer this question properly  ;D

other comments? - Corporate greed isn't pretty

... you get the idea  Smile

Oh, well! End of pitty party. Onward and Upward  Smile  I need to finish my website so I can send invites to all my saved customer (2300+) email addresses!!
Heyyy, Ms Molly....

You'll get no pity here!  Only congratulations and the sincerest best wishes and support for taking a step beyond the shackles of a merciless corporate thug!

KUDOS!  Happy1

BTW... I find the fact that they're having users do a survey when closing their store to be somewhat telling... we closed BEFORE the fee hike and didn't do a survey... nor was asked to, that I recall.

Cheers

Occasion14
Occasion14

Congratulations, Molly! Leaving Ebay is the smartest thing anyone can do, IMO.

They are asshats and don't deserve us.  Violent5
Quote:I was very polite with my exiting survey:

Why I wanted a Store? - duhh! to make a living

Why are you closing? - I can't sell it if no one can see it.

What other sites...? - None of your business. You should worry about your own backyard ....

Problem areas...? - entered exact title of an $999 auction item into search and it never appeared in search results. Had to relist again (more fees ... hmmm!) because it did not sell.  I found there was not enough space to answer this question properly  Grin

other comments? - Corporate greed isn't pretty

Happy001 Happy001

Molly, many Kudos and know that you have support from all of us here!!! Smile
Congrats!!!

Hey--they didn't give me an exit interview when I closed my store. Wonder why?
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5197.msg23775#msg23775 date=1158684833]
Congrats!!!

Hey--they didn't give me an exit interview when I closed my store. Wonder why?
[/quote]

That's probably cause you don't look like a sweet, kindly, gullable, little old lady!  Wink

I'm actually just as sexy as you but travel incognito due to the large crowds I attract!  :yeahright2:

Okay, Okay! So I'm over celebrating!  Occasion14  Tomorrow will be one of those days  Puke

I did go to the Stores Board to be counted in the "how many have you closed" post. Saw a quote I liked -I'm Now Fee Free!!  Toothy9
Molly, you are a riot, girl! Happy001 Happy001
LOL!!!!!!!
Quote:all the glitchments to keep repairing.

The time required to list on eBay due to its constant site and policy changes (and glitches) was always one of my biggest complaints.  I don't need to waste time constantly revising templates, listings, etc. on Amazon, Overstock, or our websites like I was forced to do on eBay every time they made a change.

Quote:I find the fact that they're having users do a survey when closing their store to be somewhat telling... we closed BEFORE the fee hike and didn't do a survey... nor was asked to

We had a survey when we closed in May.  Chris T still has a job so they obviously didn't listen to our suggestion on how to improve stores.  Laughing7

Quote:I ended 449 items. I still had over 2300 to list but couldn't find the time, what with all the glitchments to keep repairing.

Once you finish your website you won't have to deal with englitchments.  You'll be able to use the bulk lister on OSCMax to upload those 449 items very quickly.
[quote author=amy link=topic=5197.msg23790#msg23790 date=1158692024]
We had a survey when we closed in May.  Chris T still has a job so they obviously didn't listen to our suggestion on how to improve stores.  Laughing7[/quote]

Laughing4

And I had such high hopes they were taking notes; taking every word to heart!  ^-^
Pages: 1 2