TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Will I be penalized??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just closed my eBay Store -Miss_Molly_Quilts.  Toothy10

I have a www - missmollyquilts.com. I'm MissMollyQuilts at ecrater. I'm going to try eBid and Yahoo. Who should I be on these sites???  Big Grin 

Am I confusing search engines and being penalized for my similiar names? Should I be varying my account names?  Icon_scratch

I also have unused accounts at: ms_molly on Bidville; mollyquilts on Overstock and something at Bidchaser but forgot that  name!

Simply put... NO, you will not be penalized.

Google penalizes for duplicate content (just how much they penalize and how finicky they are on the definition of "duplicate" remains a mystery), but duplicate or similar names should not be a problem.  KEEP YOUR BRAND!  Let everyone know EVERYWHERE just who you are!

Hello

Cheers

Quote:KEEP YOUR BRAND!  Let everyone know EVERYWHERE just who you are!

Absolutely and use the SAME logo everywhere.

If a site wont let you do Mrs. Molly dot com..Just put Mrs. Molly Presents or something like that.
Try to keep your theme (look and feel) as close as possible to your website and it's
BRAND NAME.  Wave
Thanks, Guys!  :-*

[quote author=FiberGuy link=topic=5201.msg23808#msg23808 date=1158697137]
Google penalizes for duplicate content (just how much they penalize and how finicky they are on the definition of "duplicate" remains a mystery)[/quote]

I'll have to be creative here. I have several top name lines that I was going to place everywhere to draw attention and lure people to my www.

X-man - As soon as I'm finished babysitting the resort, I have some questions on inserting images in the "side-border" area of my template.

Since I am now jobless (and could be HOMELESS soon), can I file for unemployment against eBay? >Big Grin
Quote:Since I am now jobless (and could be HOMELESS soon), can I file for unemployment against eBay?

Ditto! If only there was a way.  :'(

Wink