TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: MyWorld: eBay makes lame attempt to ripoff MySpace with new MyWorld section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
http://myworld.ebay.com/

Quote:eBay MyWorld - Web 2 version of "About Me/MyeBay"

eBay has a new section in community called "my world" that is a myspace-ey kind of thing where you can create a bio, link to your ebay blog and a bunch of other social networking kinds of things.

It's not working right now, but there is a screen shot you can see there.  It's not clear how other users will find your MyWorld info (an icon next to your userID/feedback or ?) so that will be interesting to see.

While many sellers wonder why aren't there any improvements being made to the core search, buying experience or automated trust-and-safety things like S+H, if you add up the dev hours in Blogs, Wikis and now My World, (ok throw eBay Express in there) you could have done 2-3 major overhauls of the site.

http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_strategies/
All this crap while they had the nerve to tell Stores sellers that they were taking up too much bandwidth and poor, poor, Ebay couldn't afford that.  Angryfire
Quote:While many sellers wonder why aren't there any improvements being made to the core search, buying experience or automated trust-and-safety things like S+H, if you add up the dev hours in Blogs, Wikis and now My World, (ok throw eBay Express in there) you could have done 2-3 major overhauls of the site

LSOSBs Angryfire

They left "Matchups" out of their list.

Ebay,  :nbiteme:
Well I'm disappointed. :-\ I thought the "Match Up" thing was going to be
some sort of dating / hook up type service. You know complete with PPPP
(pay per peek profiles)  Happy001
[quote author=xppman link=topic=5206.msg23914#msg23914 date=1158760665]
[/quote]

Laughing4 Sign10 Happy001 Toothy9
[/quote]

Tongue1
I guess we would have been disappointed had XPP not said something like that.  Laughing7 It;s his MO, right?  Tongue3
You gotta be boinking wombat poo pooting me

:o

Amazed... but I shouldn't be after nearly seven years of ebay's corporate hi-jinks.

Smileyclueless

(((EDIT)))

Forgot to add a LMFAO at xpp's PPPP! 

Headbang
[/quote]

;D
Umm... if some small auction site said they were doing an eBay-y kind of thing, they'd get slammed by 50 lawyers.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14