TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Adds New Feature: Rules and Guides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
full announcement: http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200509.shtm...9-26082759
info page: http://reviews.ebay.com/?ssPageName=CMDV:AB

Quote:...we've just introduced: eBay Reviews & Guides. eBay members have always shared information with each other, through discussion forums, Groups and more. Reviews & Guides make that sharing even easier – they allow you to write about a variety of topics you're knowledgeable about, or those you simply find interesting.

Reviews
Most of us have been in the situation where we want to buy something like a digital camera, but would like to see what other people recommended before making the purchase. Now with reviews, you'll be able to see what other people said about many products on eBay – or write about them yourself! At first you'll be able to review many products in the Books, Movies, Cell Phones, Music, Digital Cameras, Games, Golf Clubs, PDAs, and Video Games categories (basically those that you can list using Pre-Filled Item Information). And as time goes on, we'll keep adding more and more categories and products that you can review.

So thinking about buying a new digital camera? Read what other eBay members think about different models. Just watched Toy Story 2 on DVD? Write a review to let others know your impressions. The eBay Community not only will create these reviews – they'll vote on their helpfulness, and the most popular reviews will reach “Top Review” status.

Guides
While reviews rate a specific product, you can write a guide about almost anything you want to share with other members. You can even include extra information like pictures and links within eBay. Have advice on how to start a coin collection? Want others to know which ‘80s movies are the greatest of all time? Write a guide and share your insights and knowledge. If you're a seller, write about your area of expertise to attract new interest. Similar to reviews, readers can search for guides on a certain topic area, and vote on whether they found it helpful. Plus, guides that are written by eBay (many of which have been able on the site for some time) will also be included here, marked with the eBay logo.

You can access Reviews & Guides at reviews.ebay.com; we'll add more links there as time goes on. Members who write Reviews & Guides can find theirs in My eBay, and can edit them at any time.
Amazon copycat alert!!  Groupwave
Who the heck is ever going to find it on eBay?!!!
[quote author=Anita link=topic=537.msg2114#msg2114 date=1127876428]
Who the heck is ever going to find it on eBay?!!!
[/quote]

Someone did  http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000030686&tstart=0&mod=1127873181594

[quote author=jezebel link=topic=537.msg2106#msg2106 date=1127866874]
Amazon copycat alert!!  Groupwave
[/quote]

Definitely.  The one thing they don't get though is customers prefer the Amazon shopping experience over the PITA ebay one.  :twistedevil:
...by eBay employee to be eBay's recent introduction of Reviews & Guides.  :twistedevil:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000089561&tstart=0&mod=1128106726038

Quote:I just noticed this thread. The Big Thing that Bill was referring to during the Product Town Hall is the introduction of the Reviews and Guides section of the site. We have been extremely excited about this particular product offering since its conception and throughout devleopment. We feel that there is a great opportunity to improve the buying experience on eBay by providing potential buyers the information that helps them make informed choices. In addition, this venue is a great opportunity for eBay members to share their expertise and knowledge on products and services.

Bill was a huge fan of the project from early on and was instrumental in bringing it to life.

Matt
Quote: Bill Cobb's Big Thing Revealed...

:lol16n:
I used Patrice's words and wrote Bill Cobb a few days ago...

Dear Bill:
We are all curious about the "big news" you talked about in the August Town Hall meeting. The Stores Board has been positively vibrant about your "Big Thing" - but, er, we are confused .... what exactly is it? Is it the 10% off coupon, the pizza boxes, the PP double-dipping glitches, Skype? Do tell!
Sincerely,
Anita

I haven't received a reply yet. 

:lol14n:
[quote author=Anita link=topic=537.msg2465#msg2465 date=1128456369]
I used Patrice's words and wrote Bill Cobb a few days ago...

Dear Bill:
We are all curious about the "big news" you talked about in the August Town Hall meeting. The Stores Board has been positively vibrant about your "Big Thing" - but, er, we are confused .... what exactly is it? Is it the 10% off coupon, the pizza boxes, the PP double-dipping glitches, Skype? Do tell!
Sincerely,
Anita

I haven't received a reply yet. 

[/quote]

I wonder why you haven't received a reply to that email.  Happy001
I think his "big thing"  . . . flopped  Sign10

Pages: 1 2