TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Greg Isaacs, Director of eBay's developers program says bye bye eBay and QUITS!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[quoteAfter 5-1/2 amazing years, I have made the difficult decision to leave eBay. Working at eBay has been my most rewarding professional experience largely because of you. You are some of the smartest and most entrepreneurial people I’ve ever met. Every day I came to work I felt like we were blazing new trails, which made my decision to leave that much more difficult. However, I am a firm believer that new challenges and experiences are a good thing. I will be providing more details on my blog in the upcoming weeks about my future plans, so please stay tuned...][/quote]

full article: http://ebaydeveloper.typepad.com/dev/200...rom_g.html
Is the translation something like "D*mm, wha'ts his name used my excuse!  I was going to write that I'm leaving eBay to devote more time to my family, and he already used that one.  Oh, well, "new challenges and experiences" should cover it pretty well.  Then once my non-compete has expired with eBay, I can start work at Google."

Good translation Patrice, makes sense to me.  Lol
Yes it appears that many of the rats are jumping ship.
(Some with MILLIONS of $$$ in their pockets)

I don't know the Greg Isaacs guy but as Director of eBay's developers program
I sure wish he would of realized a long time ago that continuous tinkering
to the site was NOT a good thing just to justify his underlings or his position in the company.

Good luck Greg... may your next Mega website employer bound you and your hands
team with duct tape and keep you away from the development keyboards for long periods
of time and not allow every
kid fresh out of IT school to try their brand of programming on yet another site
just to hone their skills and show off what THEY believe are their talents in the e commerce world.

[Image: ebaysinking.jpg]

Now Meg and Bill... be GOOD captain's and go down with your ship.
Sounds like a load of corporate nicety BS. I bet he really wanted to write a different type of exit speech.