TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Stores Board Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like some input and discussion on what anyone thinks about the thread linked below.  I am not going to say what it is I am looking for within the thread to discuss.  Would appreciate all comments.  Positive or Negative.  What's your impression about what you read here?  Thanks.

Edited url.
My input, Stardust, is that I wonder why anyone would even want to attempt this on ebay. First of all, there are too many work-arounds, which would not only be labor intensive, but would dilute the results. Second of all, once you figure out a solution, ebay could change all the rules at the drop of a hat and make the OP's time and money spent on the project null and void. Then, of course, there are the excessive listing fees combined with the low sell-through rate. Time and money for a project such as this should be spent elsewhere.
I ditto Bob's thoughts on this.
eBay is no place for anyone to start doing this now.
But hey if it's a competitor...let them have at it.
I may be wrong but isn't it still a "choice" listing if the buyer must tell the artist which print he or she wants?

And I'm with Bob on why bother? I read through the talk of workarounds and methods and "why bother with all this BS?" is all that came to mind.

Actually, Star, your way of dealing with it seemed the easiest in the long run but I don't think the OP got it.
That's my take on it too.
Why bother when you can have a web site and do what YOU want with YOUR BIZ. The OP could run a few auctions and DRIVE traffic to the website but they better hurry.
eBay is about to close that GAP with MyWorld me thinks. :Smile
Maybe this should go in a new thread named "Shooting Stars Falling Back Down to Earth".

Here is yet another statement by a shooting star that seems to typify the general mood of heavy-hitters on ebay. Remember, these are people who probably have mortgages based on their past incomes who could end up losing everything.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000236797&start=40

(See post #48)
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5350.msg26585#msg26585 date=1160052596]
I may be wrong but isn't it still a "choice" listing if the buyer must tell the artist which print he or she wants?

Actually, Star, your way of dealing with it seemed the easiest in the long run but I don't think the OP got it.
[/quote]

Okay, this is what I was looking for with someone's first impression reaction.  This person is going to open an ebay store for an artist friend that has three -- count 'em -- THREE items in it.  8x10, 11x14 and 12x16.  And on each item page will be thumbnails of the imagea to order by telling the artist in an email afterwards which picture he/she wants.  You buy the SIZE.  Afterwards, you choose the PICTURE!

A 100% choice listing. 
A Store with only 3 listings (maybe 4 for a canvas edition).
And some miniatures dork, who has all individual listings herself, egging this lazy idjit on.

I'm not going to bother saying another word to this person.  Especially under my selling ID. I might lose my collective cool.  She doesn't want to listen, so what's the point?  NOT DOING  O N E  T H I N G  RIGHT OR LOGICAL !!  And no one else on the Stores Board has chimed in to point out the total listing violations or idiocy of it all....

Jerk.  I feel badly for her artist friend.  Sad
[quote author=stardust link=topic=5350.msg26592#msg26592 date=1160059754]
Jerk.  I feel badly for her artist friend.   Sad
[/quote]

I feel badly for anyone on ebay these days (for financial purposes). There are so many more worthwhile ways to make a living.
Well, Bob, he REALLY doesn't have a chance, now!  Tongue

I wouldn't open another invisible store right now if someone PAID me to.  But that's because I know too much with regard to the hostile environment from management....
Again ditto with Bob on this Star.

I don't even post over there anymore to TRY and
"help" people or show them there is a "better way".

No one seems to want to listen and the eBay trolls will shut you down quick anyway.

On the other hand I don't mind helping anyone and will...
that wants to set up their own web site and actually take some
of the advise of some of us who HAVE been doing this for years.

I guess what I'm getting at is the good ship eBay is on it's last
bobble before going completely under as far as I'm concerned and if the
fools want to still stand on the deck and hold on tightly to the rails.
I'm not going to risk my business life to swim over, try to pry their hands off and
get them in the life boat.

If you have ever struggled with a drowning person before in the real world and I have.
You know that they can and will take you down with them.

A true story while in the Red Sea snorkeling on the reef one day:
I just happen to look over and saw
both my mom and step dad struggling
on the DEEP side of the reef's breakers.
My mom was drowning and he was trying to save her.
She was pulling him down too.
I was the only one on with fins on and was able to dart over there fast
and bring them both up
to the surface and saved both their lives.
My mother had a death grip in one hand of some stupid conch shell and
a death grip on my step dad in the other.

What a day... July 4th 1978. Ha... a US Navel fleet was off the coast and a big party
was ongoing on the Lockheed beach house complex
in the "no alcohol allowed' county of Saudi Arabia.

When we got to the beach and every one realized what had just happen,
a naval officer handed be a beer they brought in from one of the destroyers.
My folks said "you deserve it boy". I was like 14?

OK sorry for OT rant.

Pages: 1 2