TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: What's Wrong With eBay? It's Simple Economics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From BuySafe's Steve Woda's blog:

Quote:Suddenly, there is so much discussion about what is going on with eBay.  Buyers seem to be shopping elsewhere.  Sellers are complaining about deteriorating economics and looking for new, more profitable sales channels or going out of business altogether.  Third-party service providers are reading these tea leaves and choosing to relieve their dependence on eBay's success and more importantly, the risks of falling victim to eBay's policy team.  The media is reporting continued fraud and emerging customer service problems.  Designer brands and manufacturers are suing eBay over massive counterfeit sales and intellectual property abuse.  Key managers are leaving for greener pastures.  New competitors are emerging in a big way.  Analysts are waking up and asking real questions.  Investors don't seem to be buying, and in many cases, they have been selling.  A lot of my eBay customers have been calling me lately asking for an opinion for what is going on...

full article: http://blog.swoda.com/blog/2006/09/whats_wrong_wit.html

a related case study: http://www.swoda.com/files/buySAFE_Whart...s_0906.pdf
I'm so glad some of us have had the foresight to see these
things coming down the pipe a long time ago.

Good read regic  Thumbsup
Thanks for posting it.
ebay and LiveWorld can shut up the little guy, but they can't shut everyone up!

I wonder how long before BuySafe is replaced on ebay.  Smileytongueout
[quote author=Anita link=topic=5352.msg26621#msg26621 date=1160068230]

I wonder how long before BuySafe is and Channel Advisor are replaced on ebay.  Smileytongueout
[/quote]

The big question is: I wonder how long eBay's management can keep their fingers stuck in their ears before they're forced to remove their fingers from their ears (and their heads from their asses) and LISTEN to what is being said?

[quote author=amy link=topic=5352.msg26627#msg26627 date=1160070253]
[quote author=Anita link=topic=5352.msg26621#msg26621 date=1160068230]

I wonder how long before BuySafe is and Channel Advisor are replaced on ebay.   Smileytongueout
[/quote]

The big question is: I wonder how long eBay's management can keep their fingers stuck in their ears before they're forced to remove their fingers from their ears (and their heads from their asses) and LISTEN to what is being said?

[/quote]

By the time eBay listens, it will be toooooo late.  All that will be left will be scam artists, idiots, and Meg.