TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Poll: Most Censorship Happy OAI (Online Auction Industry) Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=550.msg2117#msg2117 date=1127877220]
Definately eBay.
[/quote]

I think ebay also  Wink

Angel  Angel1
FAS (not really an OAI forum, more of a pottery/chat/spam board)  10 (55.6%)
AuctionBytes Forums  0 (0%)
eBay Message Boards  5 (27.8%)
BidVille Message Boards  3 (16.7%)

Of course I don't know how it is going to end up but it is ironic that, at this point, twice as many people find a board that was started because of eBay censorship to be more censorous than eBay.
ebay for sure.
I think that eBay has a valid reason (whether we like it or not), FAS doesn't.
ebay, with FAS a close 2nd. Protest Tongue1
NoBidville
[quote author=diger7 link=topic=550.msg2170#msg2170 date=1127955052]
[/quote]

True--but can FAS really count as a censored board if there hasn't been any active mods since early this year? No one is deleting or moving threads over there. The place was beginning to get overrun by people offering knock off hand bags and knock off auction sites. LOL.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=550.msg2206#msg2206 date=1128016314]
[quote author=diger7 link=topic=550.msg2170#msg2170 date=1127955052]
[/quote]

True--but can FAS really count as a censored board if there hasn't been any active mods since early this year? No one is deleting or moving threads over there. The place was beginning to get overrun by people offering knock off hand bags and knock off auction sites. LOL.
[/quote]

There have been active mods for over a month.  Some of them have also been very active (with Matt's full blessing) in deleting locking threads (that were not spam.scam posts) that were not agreeable to them or Matt.. 
I'm actually confused at this feeling of fas as being a censored community.  I have a lot of issues with the fact that the site adim has let the site go for so long, but I really only saw maybe two or three threads that were locked when they didn't have to be.  Am I only seeing it this way this since I was modding during that time?
I thought the same as you, Vital. It seemed that the only brush with cenorship that FAS had in the past, was when Ray and his acolytes were locking and deleting threads during the height of the WP fiasco.

I had no idea Matt had finally allowed mods again. Perhaps that's what Anita's talking about? I haven't really visited FAS much in the past few months, so I have no idea what's going on over there. Has it gotten bad with censorship, locking, and deleting?

I did read a thread that TR posted to OTWA today--quoted from a mod over at FAs, about the WP forum's upcoming demise. It basically said don't complain, debate, or cry about the fact that the old forums might be deleted without archiving. I can understand the sentiment, but the delivery seemed more didactic than informative. But once again, words can sometimes seem cold or unkind when read written out on a screen--even if the author did not intend them to be so.
Pages: 1 2 3