TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Web Retailers with Bad Site Navigation and Shopping Cart Abandonment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Owner beware: online shoppers care more about easy site navigation than they do about bells and whistles.

A just-released survey shows that shoppers are becoming less tolerant of hard-to-navigate Web sites, and are likely to abandon purchase attempts at the slightest frustration.

Experts agree with the survey’s findings and say the issue is becoming a growing problem for online businesses.

Eighty-eight percent of respondents said they had experienced problems when making online purchases and banking transactions and 40 percent of those said the problems were enough to make them drop the transaction or move on to a competitor’s Web site...

full article: http://www.thepbj.com/story.cfm?ID=9876
Ha ha ha. Shows I've been on the right path all along.
Keep it simple, clean and as easy as possible to get that deal done.
I have had these issues come up when trying to pay my cable bill, my old cell bill
and on a few retail sites as well. Oh get this... my power company allows
you to pay online too.
But they want to charge you a steep fee to do so  (like 8 -10.00? I think)
I'm like OK... you get a check EVERY month morons.
How much more in manpower does it cost them to process those paper checks I wonder.

A couple other examples I could site here of too many bells and whistles and
not having easy ways for customers to pay on some sizable web sites out there.
It amazes me of how many so called  "pro" web designers really have no clue.

I love when you present articles like this Mandy.