TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google Releases Free Google Checkout Modules for osCommerce and Zen Cart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:If you're using or considering using osCommerce or Zen Cart to power your online business and want to offer Google Checkout, I have good news for you. We recently released Google Checkout modules for both open source shopping cart systems. With a minimal amount of configuration, these modules will enable you to quickly start offering Google Checkout to your buyers.

You can download the modules from the contributions sections of the osCommerce and Zen Cart sites...

full article: http://googlecheckout.blogspot.com/2006/...merce.html

related topic:
FREE Level 2 Google Checkout Module Released by Google for ZenCart 1.3
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg25103
I don't like Google check out and personally I think they were moronic on how they
have it set up and the slow implementation of comprehensive merchant tools after launch.

Did you know that if you use a third party cart. (Like I do)
Google REQUIRES that the Google Pay Button only give the
item and total amount information. The rest must be passed to GP.

In Mal's the GP Pay Button is PLACED on your shopping cart a WHOLE PAGE before any of your other options are seen.
(I'm not sure if he set it up this way on purpose or he read the GP policy and he had to do it that way. I'm leaning on the latter, as I have read the policy and was told about it via e mail by a GP rep as well)

That means when paying... MY customers never got to see that they could also pay via LinkPoint PP Check or Money order.
This whole issue turned me off to GP. These guys are TRYING to FORCE their option only to be seen. At least the way Mal's had it set up per GP policy requirement.

I don't care what anyone says . THAT IS WRONG and speaks volumes about Google.

Imagine if you sold both Pepsi and Coke products at your sandwich shop
and Pepsi's policy demanded that you COVER your Coke signs with their Pepsi signs
so as your customers didn't even KNOW you sold coke. (OK no funny comments about coke )

That's wrong and reeks of unfair trade practice being perpetrated by Google.

I'm real disappointed with Google for their underhanded policy.

Now I don't know how that will work with the Zen or oscmax mods
but if anyone installs it... please show / tell us if they are doing this within the mods too.
(Making THEIR payment method the FIRST and only one seen at the cart checkout)
Quote:(Making THEIR payment method the FIRST and only one seen at the cart checkout)

Google Checkout is shown to the buyer before they enter checkout in Zen.  In ZenCart the Google Checkout button is on the shopping cart page like this:

The first user on this page has it installed on their ZenCart:
http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47318&page=8

The buyer bypasses your cart's checkout and doesn't enter any information on your site if they pay by Google Checkout.

Quote:The buyer bypasses your cart's checkout and doesn't enter any information on your site if they pay by Google Checkout.

Tongue2

I Installed Google checkout today on my cre loaded B2B site, it works like a charm.

I got the version from here;
http://creforge.com/frs/?group_id=69

it only took a few minutes to install Toothy10
Though I would have supported a google payment system, I cannot support this one. They retain full control of the customer and transaction - if I wanted an entity that intrusive in my business I would be selling on eBay.
Quote:if I wanted an entity that intrusive in my business I would be selling on eBay.

Go ahead, rub it in about leaving Ebay.  >Sad  22% of my sales are from Ebay.  Crybaby2
To be honest, that surprises me.
Jen Wrote:They retain full control of the customer and transaction

I'd rather pay the extra 0.19% +$0.05 per transaction to my merchant account than give Google control of my customer but we do offer Google Checkout on Overstock and Yahoo.  There have been very few takers.

The Google Checkout mod for Zen doesn't work with the zone rates shipping we use on 3 sites or with the UPS we use on Zen #4.