TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Using eBay as a Customer Acquisition Tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From former eBay seller Randy Smythe (GlacierBayDVD)

Quote:As we start the 4th Quarter, the busiest time of the year for online shopping, I want to talk about Customer Acquisition as a concept. Sellers who sell on eBay need to change their mindset, even sellers who are presently happy with the world of eBay. My suggestion is quit thinking of eBay as your home on the Internet and start thinking of it as a marketing tool. You are not "eBay sellers" you are online sellers who happen to sell on eBay. [That line sounds like BBH  Laughing7 ] Repeat after me; I am an online seller and I sell on eBay. Remember, even if eBay is presently your only sales channel, you are using eBay to bring you customers. This change in thinking is crucial if you are to take control of your business. Change your mindset. You sell online! I know it can be difficult, but eBay is changing and right now we don't have a clue what it will ultimately look like. Look out for your business, eBay is looking out for theirs...

The key to this strategy is to open your own webstore/website for your product. EBay stores should not be considered your webstore but a marketing tool just like CORE auctions. There are many WebStore options at present and many more on the way that offer low cost entry. MonsterCommerce, Yahoo Stores, Amazon Stores (coming soon), and eBay's ProStores offer entry level WebStores...

full article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article...ition.html