TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Challenges, opportunities and changing landscape of comparison shopping sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interview with Become.com's CEO

Quote:ECT: What do you see as the hottest technology trends in comparison shopping today?

Yang: Vertical search engine technology focused exclusively on shopping search versus more general search engines. Also, social shopping is a hot new trend creating a strong community around shopping interests...

ECT: What do you see in the future of comparison shopping sites? How will this space evolve over the next three to five years?

Yang: Future comparison shopping sites will integrate comparison shopping (where to buy), Web-wide search technology for review and buying guide information (what to buy), and social shopping (what others are buying) to get valuable information from an unprecedented community of consumers. Also, local shopping will be integrated with shopping search in case consumers want to actually see and touch the product before buying online or offline...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/DKptPsaQ...ving.xhtml
I don't do comparison shopping sites.
I believe many of them are skewed.
For instance for the few I have checked out, I would need to pay a FEE
to be a member. (if I remember correctly)
So it is in the comparison shopping sites best interest to make ME look good
so I keep paying them FEES.
Just another BS site like the BBB IMO.

It's all about the money.