TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: AOL This Year's GRINCH for the Desert Southwest!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Albuquerque AOL operations closing; 900 to lose jobs

NM - Employees of America Online's Albuquerque call center were told they are being laid off when they arrived at work Wednesday morning. Some 900 AOL employees in Albuquerque will lose their jobs. Employees of AOL call centers in Ogden, Utah and Tucson, Arizona were also being notified their workplaces will be closed, according to a company official reached at AOL headquarters in Virginia

The layoffs and the closure of the Albuquerque call center are part of a corporate-wide restructuring that AOL officials announced in August. The plan calls for a global workforce reduction of 25 percent.

Full Story:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15320445/
Tongue2

I'm not surprised.  Once they went cheap and free, something had to give.  I'm waiting for the site to be taken over by more advertising. 
My son just noticed that AOL has been taking $30 a month out of his bank acct for several months, ever since his wife signed up for a free trial. I advised him to close his bank acct and open a new one. Easier than getting AOL to stop taking money out.
Free Trials from any company are almost always a racket.  The companies depend on customers to not remember to cancel after the free trial ends.
Yeppers. Saw it on the news last night. Everyone was stunned except the one well-adjusted dude they interviewed. LOL.

There aren't that many tech jobs out here. Now all of those people will be flooding the market.