TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Seller Gets 20 Yrs in Federal Prison for selling Fake Celebrity Memorabilia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A Hampton woman faces 20 years in a federal prison after being convicted of selling fake celebrity memorabilia items on eBay.

Rachel Reyes, 45, pleaded guilty Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Norfolk to one count of wire fraud and agreed to pay more than $572,000 in restitution to the victims, according to federal prosecutors...

From July 5, 2002, through March 11, 2005, she personally completed 5,266 sales of fake memorabilia, scamming 3,360 victims out of nearly $315,000, the U.S. Attorney's Office said. Reyes also helped the others involved in the scheme complete 3,057 more sales, stealing more than $257,000 from 2,337 people, prosecutors said...

full article: http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/dp-...ocal-final
Another scam that eBay allows by doing NOTHING.  The "just a venue" is BS!!!!  The greedy bastages just want their listing and FVF, they don't care who gets screwed.  Slime ball pieces of sh!t!
Selling fake autographs is a serious thing. It's also easy for eBay to crack down on it.
Quote:From July 5, 2002, through March 11, 2005, she personally completed 5,266 sales of fake memorabilia, scamming 3,360 victims

What is Trust & Safety's excuse for not shutting her down?  5,266 sales of fake items over 3 years and nothing was done.  :blinkie:
A little O.T.: I had Cassius Clay sign my Harlem Globetrotters booklet at a Globetrotters game. His brother, Rudolph Valentino Clay, also signed it. Lost it! Along with my hundreds of now valuable baseball cards and my early edition Superman comic collection. I think my mother threw it all out when I went away to college. (No, Anita, she did not change the locks).

Quote:What is Trust & Safety's excuse for not shutting her down?  5,266 sales of fake items over 3 years and nothing was done.

Lots and lots of stories just like this one.  Same kind of inaction happened with Pirate, remember?  NO ACTION FROM EBAY !! -- and the stalker is still a registered user...

eBay only protects the bad guys.  Revenue is more important then morals. 

Most businesses/people/entities who profit from crime are considered accomplices...

But not ebay, nosiree.

Tard
[quote author=FiberGuy link=topic=5518.msg28313#msg28313 date=1161325521]

Most businesses/people/entities who profit from crime are considered accomplices...

But not ebay, nosiree.

Tard

[/quote]

eBay's luck WILL run out one of these days.  Unethical lying brainless sneaky pieces of sh!t ALWAYS get caught eventually. 

It is just a matter of time...
More on Rachel Reyes.  2 more eBay sellers have been found guilty of participating in the fake autograph scheme.

Quote:Two more people have admitted taking parting in an eBay fraud scheme that bilked people in the United States and 33 other countries out of thousands of dollars...

Court records show that Jeffrey Reyes, Selisker and Rachel Reyes operated personal eBay accounts under the names WOLFIE88, MMASGRL and RICHIEGECKO to sell the memorabilia...

From July 5, 2002, through March 11, 2005, Rachel Reyes made 5,266 sales to 3,360 victims, cheating them out of nearly $315,000.

From July 21, 2003, through March 11, 2005, Selisker sold 1,620 forged items to 1,104 people, stealing more than $118,000.

Jeffrey Reyes stole more than $130,500 from 1,125 people in 1,318 sales between Aug. 10, 2002, and March 11, 2005, court records show...

full article: http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/dp-...ocal-final

The eBay feedback records of the 2 latest sellers to be found guilty.  Both sellers are still registered users.

wolfie88 (private) FB 995/99.5%
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=WOLFIE88
mmasgrl FB 827/98.8%
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=MMASGRL

Rachel Reyes' richiegecko ID with a FB of 3,360 gave an invalid user message when I attempted to access it. Smile