TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Computer Related Repetitive Strain Injury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not really off-topic since it relates to ecommerce, but--I stuck it down here anyway.

Just curious if anyone else out there has incurred a repetitive strain injury (RSI) fro using the computer?

I've got tendonitis / tennis elbow in my mouse hand and upper arm from using the mouse. It's really painful! I was afraid I might have carpal tunnel syndrome, but it turns out RSI tendonitis is commonplace in tech workers, in their mouse arms (between the ages of 30 - 45).

I'm using an arm brace to lock the wrist in a neutral position. I've also ordered an RSI-relief glove and upper arm band to wear to prevent future damage.

I was just curious if anyone else out there has ever had this issue? I've been working on the computer heavily since about 1996--with a large portion of the time spent over 10 hours a day, sometimes 12+ hours a day during the height of the internet bubble.

I find that I just can't stay on the computer that long anymore, even if there's more work to be done. I'm hoping the RSI relief glove will help out. I'm also looking at a Rocket Mouse and/or a joystick-style 3M mouse.

Edited to fix issues.
I've been having problems with sore/bruised tendons (or whatever) for 4 or 5 months, now.  Just at the wrist area on the under part of my hand/arm.  Makes the hand weak and painful.  I've found that if I just get the heck away and work the arm/hand doing normal, everyday stuff, that it goes away.  Not suffering from it right now, cuz I've been out doing things.

Cushion the area of your hand that is resting on the desk - or the edge of the desk.  Helps a lot.  Smile
I've been using a gel pad. I can't tell if it works or not. LOL. I've been limiting my computer time, even though I know I have to get this new site up and running. It's hard.