TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Clothing Designer Custo Barcelona to file multimillion euro suit against eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:In the fight against counterfeiting, renowned clothing designer Custo Barcelona is following the footsteps of Louis Vuitton and Dior. The Barcelona-based company is filing a multimillion-euro lawsuit against an online operator - in this case eBay - for allowing third parties to sell thousands of false Custo Barcelona clothing items daily through the auction site.

"We have been following this problem for two years and have even talked with eBay about it to no avail," Custo Barcelona CEO Carlos Sagalés said during an interview with La Vanguardia newspaper, adding the global reach of the Internet and particularly eBay translates into an "incalculable loss in sales and prestige" when these channels are used to sell false Custo Barcelona products. An eBay comment on the matter was unavailable...

full article: http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_po...latestnews&id=1589
An eBay comment on the matter was unavailable.     

The "Lie And Spin Department" is probably on vacation.
;D
You know I don't feel so isolated or frustrated
when I read about all these lawsuits and stuff going on.

Apparently I'm NOT alone when I think and say to myself "enough is enough".

Good to see power hitters taking a stand and really doing something about all this BS.
IMO the apathy of eBay borders on criminal negligence
because they do NOTHING to STOP all this fraud.

Can't wait to see the day when some fine AG does indeed hand down indictments for just that.  Smile
Quote:the apathy of eBay borders on criminal negligence
Can't wait to see the day when some fine AG does indeed hand down indictments for just that.

eBay will suffer its first defeat on that score in the EU not the USA because  large multinational corporations have been less successful in buying the legal systems in European countries.  La
[quote author=Kristijntje link=topic=5527.msg28346#msg28346 date=1161360131]
Quote:the apathy of eBay borders on criminal negligence
Can't wait to see the day when some fine AG does indeed hand down indictments for just that.

eBay will suffer its first defeat on that score in the EU not the USA because  large multinational corporations have been less successful in buying the legal systems in European countries.  La
[/quote]

:'(  NOT!