TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Seller/Artist Complains About eBay's Failure to Ban Sellers of Fakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:My name is Michel Leah Keck. Since I started selling my art on eBay, I have been in a what seems to be a daily battle with fraudulent sellers stealing my works, signing paintings with my trademarked name, or fighting eBay’s VERO department to take stiffer penalities against these fraudulent sellers...

We deal with this fraud continually on eBay. This may be something the likes of Gucci and Louis Vuitton can handle. Unfortunately my business is ran by myself, my business manager (hubby), and my mother. It is family business, and one that has lost over 50% of our monthly revenue since we've started having problems with the copyright infringement problem on eBay.

Each time this happens we ask eBay ‘why is this seller allowed to remain an eBay seller?” -- their reply "we can’t answer that question for you." When asked, how many times is this seller going to be allowed to infringe on our copyrights and IP rights, ebay’s response, “we can not share that information with you.” It is just eBay victimizing the victim but not assisting us by taking stiffer penalities against these fraudulent sellers...

full article: http://community.myfoxchicago.com/blogs/therawartist
Yet another good reason not to sell original art on ebay. Smile