TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: WTF is TSE (Tailored Shopping Experience)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Randy Smythe's latest article:

Quote:A new phrase and its companion acronym made its debut in the earnings call the other day: The Tailored Shopping Experience or TSE. This is the first time I’ve heard such emphasis on the “Tailored” Shopping Experience coming from eBay. It was mentioned 8 times in the transcript and provides a glimpse into the eBay of the future.

Quote from Bob Swan, eBay CFO – “Obviously, Express is a very important TSE for us to get more share of wallet. We want to continue to look at other categories that we think we can expand our tailored offering to grow within those and potentially new categories.”  Meg Whitman also said  “As you recall, eBay Express is a tailored shopping experience for the convenience-oriented shopper. We were targeting existing buyers to increase the share of wallet. "

I thought eBay stores were supposed to be a TSE for the convenience-oriented shopper all they needed to do was promote them...

full article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article...tml?page=2
Quote:Quote from Bob Swan, eBay CFO – “Obviously, Express is a very important TSE for us to get more share of wallet.

More share of wallet?  :blinkie:
How much more "share of wallet' does eBay think people are willing to give up?

I mean these people have become so arrogant that they really must believe
that noone can sell online without thier eBay name behind it.
Now we know who is really drinking most of the  Smileykoolaid over there.

I've never in my 44 years seen such a mass state
of denial from such a large group of people.

It's mind boggling.  Big Grin
“Tailored” Shopping Experience

Now you see it, now you don't.
This country this morning, this region this afternoon, that category tonite. 
>Sad
They're openly saying and admitting it, and no one's listening or catching it.
Quote:They're openly saying and admitting it, and no one's listening or catching it.

There are far too many sellers who just flat-out refuse to believe that Ebay is morphing into something that they will not even recognize months from now.
Quote:There are far too many sellers who just flat-out refuse to believe that Ebay is morphing into something that they will not even recognize months from now.

Signs064 Signs064 Signs064
Why the hell does she keep saying "share of wallet."

What a weird-sounding, greedy phrase.

I guess they really ARE concerned about getting a share of my wallet.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5534.msg28532#msg28532 date=1161469837]

[/quote]

Share Of Wallet = SOW Snorting
Smileylol clever. Nice use of smilie also. A++ Kim
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=5534.msg28533#msg28533 date=1161470114]
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5534.msg28532#msg28532 date=1161469837]

[/quote]

Share Of Wallet = SOW Snorting
[/quote]

;D ;D
Customers have different value drivers for different shopping occasions or missions. They want different things not only when they are shopping for goods in different product groups, but also when they are shopping for goods in the same product group or on different missions.

Shopping missions evolve. Customers often start by looking for items in a single product group, but end up buying items in other product groups as well; sometimes they purchase such additional items in specific patterns.

Mood plays a major role in the shopping experience and can significantly influence how much customers spend.

Customers want convenience. They place a high premium on ease of shopping, and are willing to embrace new in-store services and technologies that are relevant to their particular shopping needs.

So what do these findings imply? There are three key implications for retailers. They must:

(1) Provide more tailored shopping experiences that reflect not only who their customers are, but also how they want to shop on different occasions;

(2) Establish an emotional connection with their customers by capturing their interest and creating a sense of excitement; and

(3) Use technology to bridge the gap between bricks and clicks, give shoppers all they need to reach a purchasing decision and take the hassle out of hunting for the right product.

Customers walk/click into stores every day with specific shopping missions; it is the task of retailers to provide a product/service offering that stimulates them to make a purchase. But the ability to develop relevant offerings that are tailored to people with different missions, and create an experience they enjoy, requires that retailers have deeper insights than before.

Developing a better understanding of customers is an essential first step in creating a more customer-centric shopping experience. Retailers need to understand what missions attract customers to their stores, what customers need while on those missions, and how they go about shopping (and global retailers need to understand any national differences). Once they have these insights, they can develop store formats, merchandising and servicing strategies that are more closely aligned with the shopping strategies, needs and preferences of their target customers.

However, the most advanced retailers will ultimately go much further. They will use the proprietary insights they acquire to create personalized shopping experiences that are tailored to the preferences of their customers – as those preferences change in the course of a particular shopping mission or from one shopping mission to another. The more tailored the experiences they provide, the more they will be able to differentiate themselves from their rivals. And the more they help customers to convert "mission impossible" into "mission accomplished," the greater the rewards they will reap.

This is what it seems eBay is attempting to morph its search functions into, IMHO.

Abbey
Pages: 1 2 3 4