TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay's Logo People: is the creepy yellow one Meg???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Logo People.  :Smile
http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/uk/hp...People.gif

From ChannelAdvisor Scott Wingo's Blog:
Quote:The yellow one looks a little like meg and the Red one Bill Cobb.  Not sure on the others ;-)
http://ebaystrategies.blogs.com/ebay_str..._ads_.html

Quote:**Coming Soon: New eBay.co.uk Television Adverts *** 

20 October, 2006 | 06:08PM BST

Since we launched the first eBay.co.uk television advertising in 2004, it has been a highly effective and targeted way of reminding Britain’s online consumers that they can buy just about anything they can imagine from the legion of eBay sellers easily from the comfort of their own home.

Since 2004 we have used the tried and tested 'completed sentences' concept which I’m sure you’ve all seen. It’s done us proud but it’s time for a change and for 2006 we’ve cooked up a new style of advertising that will be going live to your TV screen from tomorrow, the 21st October 2006.

We’ve opted for something completely different and our new ads will feature 4 animated ‘logo people’ talking about the things they’ve bought on eBay.co.uk. As before, the aim will be to demonstrate to viewers that eBay.co.uk is a fun and easy place to buy just about anything. We’re hoping that the humorous and playful style of the ads will be engaging and popular.

You can get a taste of the ‘logo people’ on our homepage and elsewhere on the site.

On Saturday you’ll be able to catch the new ad during X Factor and Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway. On Sunday it will be airing during the film Stuck On You, the Brazilian Grand Prix and CSI.

We’re going to continue advertising up towards Christmas and there will be 5 different adverts in all. We’re absolutely thrilled with the new adverts and we hope you’ll enjoy them too.
So eBay Uk's answer to marketing a tired old has been scammers dream web site is to
try and dumb down the Britts with pre school designed animated characters?

What a brilliant marketing strategy.  NOT

Happy001
Just great...

My therapist is gonna dandy time with this one
Quote:Since 2004 we have used the tried and tested 'completed sentences' concept which I’m sure you’ve all seen.

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
Laughing4

OMG!!!  Happy001

One small step for man...
Quote:So eBay Uk's answer to marketing a tired old has been scammers dream web site is to
try and dumb down the Britts with pre school designed animated characters?

Apparently.

They're all creating complete sentences these days. I guess the trip back to elementary school is helping the eBay Staff (at least).