TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: What IS the excitement all about concerning being able to write reviews??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hmmm.... maybe. I'm a little afraid to, but I might give it a shot.
I read Amazon's product reviews all the time before buying but they are conveniently located right on the product page.
What totally amazes me is that I posted a lengthy comment on the stores board about the copyright issues and the fact that all people who are writing these articles are doing is providing content to eBay for FREE.  If you are going to take the time to write content it should at best be on your own domain name.  If you don't have a domain name and sell only on an eBay store, it should be on your own blog, hosted for free at so many places it is ridiculous (including the doors2stores program.

And despite these issues, they continue to write content for eBay.  With comments like :"This could get addicting!"

I don't understand that mentality.  The pink posted that they would get back with people about copyright issues.  But they continue to write and write and write and love it.  Well, I can tell you the answer to the copyright issue...it is at the bottom of the reviews page that I finall looed at.  It reads:

"Copyright © 1995-2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved."

Very interesting.

Chris

Quote:I don't understand that mentality.  The pink posted that they would get back with people about copyright issues.  But they continue to write and write and write and love it.  Well, I can tell you the answer to the copyright issue...it is at the bottom of the reviews page that I finall looed at.  It reads:

"Copyright © 1995-2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved."

That dosen't surprise me one little bit  Wink

Angel  Angel5
eBay employee responds to Reviews copyright issue:

Quote:This means when the user posts a review to the site they are granting us a world-wide royalty-free perpetual license to use the content but are not giving up any copyright they might have to the material.
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000090180&tstart=0
But notice the silence about the Frick-N-Frack scenario.  Evil5  And yet the keep on posting the reviews.  Smileykoolaid
[quote author=catholicemporium link=topic=568.msg2298#msg2298 date=1128127382]
But notice the silence about the Frick-N-Frack scenario.  Evil5  And yet the keep on posting the reviews.  Smileykoolaid
[/quote]

In that scenario, the silence means once you submit the guide eBay will decide when it is time to remove it not you.

The issue of copyrights hasn't even been brought up on the new eBay Reviews & Guides forum, but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of interest in that board  to begin with.:
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?fo...1000000017

I can see the point of buyers writing reviews on the ebay site, but I see little benefit for sellers in having their guide on eBay rather than in their own blog (or web site, but I think a blog is the better choice).
Interesting snow job the pink is giving...
Pages: 1 2