TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: What IS the excitement all about concerning being able to write reviews??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are buyers going to be able to find it... IF they have any interest?  Maybe this whole reveiw thing is a "feel good" enhancement for those that want to read their own words.  ???

Or maybe I just don't get it. 

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000030686&tstart=0&mod=1127943036356
I ponted out that ebay post on another thread too  ;D  Can't answer the excitement question except to say people who attend eBay Live tend to get excited easily by new enhancements for some reason.

Quote:Maybe this whole reveiw thing is a "feel good" enhancement

It wouldn't be the first feel good enhancement eBay has introduced.  Since the reviews aren't on the same page as the product being sold, I doubt that many will bother to wander off and use them to the same degree Amazon shoppers use reviews.
I ponted out that ebay post on another thread too 

Oops! Sorry, my head must have been stuck up my rear!  (Not the first time.)

I don't see the point of views, reviews, and opinions if a buyer isn't never going to find the info! Anyway, I feel better knowing I am not the only one that doesn't see the excitement in it.  I thought maybe my disgust towards eBay was clouding my judgment.
It's just more feebay BS that's all. Any of you with a website just think of how it was or is when you feel you need to change something or do some tweaking on your own site.

Most after awhile find they are done and happy with the results.

Oh sure you have to update products, maybe run some promos, maybe do some seasonal decorations here and there, change a few prices and featured items and such.
But who in their right mind would just keep tinkering and tinkering and tinkering just to tinker.

About 3 years ago feebay was fine. I as well as most I’m sure, wish they would just trim the fat,
get rid of all the unnecessary graphics and broken scripts and just put the site back to a stable, user friendly site. Like it use to be.

Anyone remember back when you clicked on your auction page you didn't have to scroll down PAST ALL EBAYS SUPER SIZED HEADERS. Remember when you looked at the screen and actually saw YOUR content right in front of you?

Boy I wish those days were back. But we all know they will never return.
ebay is so deep in the doo doo with the site now, that if they tried to roll it back, it surly would crash.

I would love to see that. Lol

someone say excitement?

Gen013 Gen102 Gen013 Gen102 Gen013
I think the whole review thing is stooooopid!  Mostly, because the only ones that are ever going to find the reviews are the ones doing the writing!  BUT people are getting all excited about it.  It always amazes me when eBay throws a crumb and people gobble it up! 
Heck, I'd be excited if the gallery pictures I paid for showed up on a regular basis.  THAT would be something to get excited over... getting a service you pay for!  What a concept.
Quote:Heck, I'd be excited if the gallery pictures I paid for showed up on a regular basis.  THAT would be something to get excited over... getting a service you pay for!  What a concept.

Im with you on that one.  Also how about fixing the crap that dosent work before adding anything new that screws up.  I've been trying for 2 days to close an NPB dispute but all I keep getting is "dispute is unavailable at this time.  Please try again later"...WTF

Angel  Angel5
[quote author=Angel link=topic=568.msg2181#msg2181 date=1127987815]

Im with you on that one.  Also how about fixing the crap that dosent work before adding anything new that screws up. 

[/quote]

Too logical to do that.  Laughing7

No links to Guides & Reviews on the front page, but eventually I found the guides but where are the reviews?
Wow! I can't wait for customers (*cough* competitors) to use the review box to badmouth sellers .
Wow, you are probably correct!  Then it will take eBay two weeks to remove the remarks.  This could be a verrrrrry bad thing! 

I think you should post your concerns on the Stores Board.  Smile
Pages: 1 2