TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: TheFind.com shopping search engine/crawler launches beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the site: http://www.thefind.com/

Quote:I’m excited about the concept of TheFind as comprehensiveness has been a pet peeve of mine since I first talked to Sergei Burkov at Dulance. One problem with Shopzilla, Shopping.com, NexTag, etc. is that these guys work off of a CPC model. To play, the merchant has to pay. Unfortunately, this automatically cuts down on the comprehensiveness of these engines as merchants are forced to remove low margin/low cost items from their feeds.

Shopwiki, Windows Product Search Live, and TheFind don’t charge for inclusion and crawl the web for products as opposed to working predominantly through feeds...

full article: http://www.comparisonengines.com/2006/10...-launches/

Quote:We developed a shopping search engine that delivers comprehensive lists of products and their corresponding images, ranked by the leading products, brands, stores and styles on the very first page of results. We call this technology our "Product Ranking Engine."
Our unbiased "Product Ranking Engine" crawls over 500,000 stores to find over 150 Million products web-wide.

At TheFind.com, we believe that shoppers should have access to all of the products on the web - not just the ones that pay to be there. With our unbiased and objective "Product Ranking Engine" technology, we have made that dream a reality...

http://www.thefind.com/main/showPage.php?page=AboutUs
Quote:ranked by the leading products, brands, stores and styles on the very first page of results.

I did two searches and the first stores listed were Wal-Mart.com and Buy.com.  Tongue2

The large photos are nice but the preferential treatment given to the largest stores in search results means no one will ever see my items...store links opening in a new window is annoying too,
Our unbiased Product Ranking Engine found 4,587 items from 224 stores.

Yea unbiased.. right.  LOL

All I saw after six pages was large PPC ad running larger companies stuff.
Even more unbiased was that after page one or two. The keywords starting showing unrelated products.
I typed wine glass racks NOT wine refrigerator or wine racks.  LOL

Oh well I guess to get in on this great NEW and exciting search site.
You gotta pay some bucks.  ???
21 of 30 items on page 1 of my search for Linux were from eBay Express.
Wow.  Their search sucks.

I did a search for one of the calendars I sell.  Their search returned a grand total of 3 items.  One of the calendars which is listed on eBay (but not by me).  Another totally different calendar.  And a completely unrelated record.

As a mini-hijack - I sold 7 of the same calendar today . . . to the artist.  How cool is that?  Glad she didn't use thefind.com to search for it!

Quote:Our unbiased "Product Ranking Engine" crawls over 500,000 stores to find over 150 Million products web-wide.

:lol14n:

I think they meant 10 stores.