TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: China inches closer to requiring Bloggers register with their Real Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:The Internet Society of China has recommended to the government that bloggers be required to use their real names when they register blogs, state media said on Monday, in the latest attempt to regulate free-wheeling Web content.

The society, which is affiliated with the Ministry of Information Industry, said no decision had been made but that a 'real name system' was inevitable...

China has already imposed some controls on Internet chatter about politically sensitive subjects, which often goes far beyond what is permissible in the country's traditional state-run media...

full article: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-61284...l?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=zdnn
Internet Society of China

ehhh.... fascist commie pinkos

Honorabow AhSoes

Tongue2
Quote:Honorabow AhSoes

I understand your ire for the Chinese government's censorship. Believe me, more than 80% of China's population agrees with you. They don't want to be censored, controlled, or regulated any more than you or I want them to be.

I don't appreciate the psuedo-Chinese-language style comment here. It's unnecessary.

The Chinese people have suffered at the hands of an oppressive government.

People in the USA get mad when everyone outside the USA believes we all wholeheartedly agree with everything our government does. Same thing goes for Chinese people. They are "going with the flow" right now. In the future, I'm sure there will be a revolution. After several centuries of oppression, the people always find a way to remove the current "emperor" and replace him with something better. Once that something better decays, they replace the leadership again.

The instatement of communisim was probably the only occurance in Chinese history where the people didn't choose the new leadership--extant groups in the leadership did, with pressure from other large forces.

I don't like people who use the perceived accent of a foreign person speaking English to make fun of them, their situation, or something their government did.

Besides "a so" is a Japanese phrase for "I understand / I see."
That's how I feel about that kind of stuff too.
Like me living in The middle east.

Those people are the same as us.
They don't like being oppressed any more than the next human being.

It erks me when politicians on the left say stuff like "who are we to interfere with
those oppressive governments?"
It's as if the politicians think that only American want to be FREE?

WYF?
thentavius...

Poor taste, knee-jerk response...   :-[

In all seriousness... Much of what we have in the current Chinese government is our (American government's) fault... if we would have only supported Chiang Kai Shek after WWII, perhaps the Chinese people would actually have a voice today.

Cheers
I'm sorry if I came across a little strong. It just offends me on so many levels--especially when the "accent" insults people who make an effort to learn English, on top of all the rest of it.

Fiberguy--you're a nice guy. I like you. I hope I didn't come across as rude, it's just something I feel strongly about.

I really appreciate your understanding. Really and truly. And you're right--a lot of what opened the doors for communisim over there came from outside of China. A lot of it.

Xppman--I couldn't agree more. That's why it upsets me when people say we should "bomb Afghanistan off the map" or some such. There are LOTS of people over there who are stuck and don't agree with the government or the rebel groups. There are normal people, just trying to make a living, raise a family, and survive who hate all of the invasions and forced religious practices as much as we do.

[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5572.msg28820#msg28820 date=1161713995]
I'm sorry if I came across a little strong. It just offends me on so many levels--especially when the "accent" insults people who make an effort to learn English, on top of all the rest of it.

Fiberguy--you're a nice guy. I like you. I hope I didn't come across as rude, it's just something I feel strongly about.

I really appreciate your understanding. Really and truly. And you're right--a lot of what opened the doors for communisim over there came from outside of China. A lot of it.

[/quote]

Don't sweat it... your "level of correction" (as we like to say when puppy training!) was appropriate and spot-on. 

Online, I do tend to spout off with occasional posts that resemble my sophomoric tendencies and my juvenile-delinquent past (ahem!), so I did appreciate being put in my place.  Wink 

Offline, fortunately, my better half fills the chaperone position quite nicely and has the reins of the choke-chain at all times...    ;D 

Cheers

Quote:Offline, fortunately, my better half fills the chaperone position quite nicely and has the reins of the choke-chain at all times... 
LOL!!!!!!
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5572.msg28820#msg28820 date=1161713995]That's why it upsets me when people say we should "bomb Afghanistan off the map" or some such. There are LOTS of people over there who are stuck and don't agree with the government or the rebel groups. There are normal people, just trying to make a living, raise a family, and survive who hate all of the invasions and forced religious practices as much as we do.
[/quote]

So true. I had friends who used to import from Afghanistan and were very upset when the Taliban gained influence. Not just for business reasons, but for what it did to the people there on a personal level. And then when the Taliban bombed the ancient giant Buddha rock sculptures out of the mountains, even Muslims were horrified.

Just think if instead of having diluted our presence in Afghanistan and allowing the Taliban to regain their strength, we had stayed there to build schools, roads, hospitals and the like. Afghanistan might just be the envy of the Middle East and America would certainly have more influence around the globe.

Oh, well.. woulda, coulda, shoulda..
THIS was a verrrrry pleasant discussion/education to see posted.  Two thumbs up to Fiberguy and thentavius! 
Pages: 1 2