TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Stores October BARF Bag Lunch Summary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A sparsely attended eBay Stores Brown Bag Lunch was held on October 24.  32 user questions and 22 replies by eBay employees.

I believe this is the first time eBay has stated that Half.com listings will be included on eBay Express:
Quote:we have been exploring additional ways to promote Half.com listings in search results on both eBay.com and eBay Express. Although there was some discussion of potential Half.com changes during the September Town Hall, no final decisions have been made. We are still working to evaluate the details around additional inclusion of Half.com listings into eBay.com and eBay Express.

Brown Bag Lunches will NOT be held in November and December.  Instead Janelle Elms and the eBay Staff will be holding a series of workshops to instruct "stupid sellers" (Janelle's own words) on the correct way to setup their stores.  Laughing7

Quote:Due to the upcoming busy holiday, Nov and Dec BBL's will not be held. Instead we are hosting several specific workshops that to help boost your holiday sales.

Nothing else worth copying and pasting was said during the October BARF Bag.
Quote:Nothing else worth copying and pasting was said during the October BARF Bag.

Yep. They really hit bottom with this one. It wasn't even worth trolling.  Sleepy1
Sign13
Half items in Express=PayPal fees for eBay  Smile
Yes.  I was happily surprised with the cohesiveness shown, even though their LieWorld troll was in there, sucking up.
Quote:I believe this is the first time eBay has stated that Half.com listings will be included on eBay Express:

OK--so let me get this straight.

Stores fees were raised to get rid of "garbage" media that might have ended up showing up on eBay express.

They are including "garbage" media in eBay Express.

OHHHH! OKKKAAAY. I get it now.
[quote author=mandy link=topic=5586.msg28961#msg28961 date=1161780471]
Sign13
Half items in Express=PayPal fees for eBay  Smile

[/quote]

Express in general means increased PayPal fees for eBay, but including millions of Half.com items on the PayPal-only Express means lots and lots of  PayPal fees that eBay wouldn't receive if the items sold on Half because PayPal has never been a payment option on Half.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=5586.msg28968#msg28968 date=1161785790]

Express in general means increased PayPal fees for eBay, but including millions of Half.com items on the PayPal-only Express means lots and lots of  PayPal fees that eBay wouldn't receive if the items sold on Half because PayPal has never been a payment option on Half.
[/quote]

Hmmm....