TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Mozilla releases Firefox 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Mozilla officially released Firefox 2 on Tuesday afternoon, adding security features and a new interface.

Firefox 2 was made available for free download at 2:15 p.m. PDT. Mozilla has set up two download sites for the udpate, which it said it has optimized for the expected high volume of traffic, at Getfirefox.com and Mozilla.com/firefox. (Firefox 2 is also be available for free via CNET Download.com.)

"The key focus in Firefox 2 is making sure that what we are focusing on is tightness and efficiency--with the ability of turning that browser into exactly what one needs, focusing on security, stability and speed," said Mike Beltzner, who Mozilla describes as its "phenomenologist."...

full article: http://news.com.com/With+Firefox+2%2C+Mo...tml?tag=nl

Firefox 2 review:

Quote:The good:  Firefox 2 adds built-in antiphishing protection, search engine suggestions, session restore, inline spell-checking, and Live Titles; the browser is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux; localized versions available in many different languages.

The bad: The Firefox 2 uninstall leaves behind a mess; some 1.5 version add-ons will break in 2.0; there are no thumbnail previews of open tabs; the browser doesn't yet pass the Web Standards Project Acid2 test.

The bottom line: Mozilla Firefox 2 is a winner, beating Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on security, features, and overall cool factor and deserving our Editors' Choice award.

full article: http://reviews.cnet.com/Firefox_2/4505-9...26746.html
I downloaded it and installed it.  It brought in my bookmarks and other customizations perfectly.  I haven't really noticed much difference so far except that the tabs when you have 2 or more tabs open close (have the X) on the tab itself instead of on the far right.  I'm having a hard time getting used to that but that's minor and it be second nature soon.

The theme I had doesn't work in version 2 (the Red Cats) but the person who wrote it has on their website that it should be updated in 2-3 days to work with the new Firefox.

Other than that, all running smoothly.