TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Improving the effectiveness of your print ads and online integration.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Even while consumer and business print media is predicted to decline in the next five years, the opportunities to advance reader engagement and online integration are significant. In the face of less print media advertising, both marketers and agencies can improve the impact of their messages by developing creative that includes a meaningful bridge to support the relationship between the consumer and the brand.

For both high and low involvement brands, a connection to the internet can support a number of tangential strategies that relate to competition, new product development, acquisition, retention and driving revenue through direct purchase or referral...
Quote: Tip 1: Include a URL
Tip 2: Make It Measurable
Tip 3: Make It Meaningful
Tip 4: Support your brand story

full article: http://imediaconnection.com/content/11904.asp
My background is in publishing so that's often been a part of my business plan. I've had good success integrating simple 3-line classified ads with websites tailored to specific ads. Seems to work well locally (regionally) with higher end products, or bulk products packaged as business opportunities. However, classifieds are pricey in major newspapers and other publications, and have become noticeably less effective in recent years while Craigslist has become more effective. Worth experimenting with, however.