TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Firefox: 9 reasons to Just Say No to 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2 more frickin crashes today. Might as well be IE. >Sad

Going to download Opera.
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=5641.msg30493#msg30493 date=1162479188]

Going to download Opera.
[/quote]

Flock is based on Firefox 1.x code and is stable
[quote author=amy link=topic=5641.msg30693#msg30693 date=1162577187]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=5641.msg30493#msg30493 date=1162479188]

Going to download Opera.
[/quote]

Flock is based on Firefox 1.x code and is stable
[/quote]

Thanks, Amy. Smile

I think I'll try it---I don't really like Opera.
Another article that is highly critical of the new FF 2.0 release:

Quote:Besides the ugly new theme, the convoluted “too-cool” first-run website, and the myriad of half-baked features that Firefox 2.0 brings to the scene, there’s a couple of not-so-welcome policy changes in Firefox 2.0 that make us wonder what’s going on at Mozilla. Basically, these changes go against everything that the Firefox team has been doing for the past couple of years, and make it look like Firefox wasn’t run by an open-source community so much as a big corporation with nothing but money on its mind...

Conclusion…?

We don’t know where Firefox went wrong. That’s our conclusion. With Firefox 1.5, it seemed that Firefox would continue to improve and innovate – to make a difference in the browserscape. Now it seems Firefox’s biggest goal is money, and lots of it. Free videos, Google alliances, trapping users… that just doesn’t sound like Firefox. If you told us 6 months ago this would happen, we would’ve called you crazy...

full article: http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/294
The author is primarily focused on how things look. The FF home page for example, and the default scheme for the 2.0 browser. Does anyone really care about this? :Smile

Quote:Firefox was one of the first browsers to take RSS to the next level, and is largely responsible for the ubiquity of feeds today. But for some reason, Firefox has serious issues implementing a decent RSS reader into the browser. Before 2.0 you could view the headlines for RSS feeds and click-the-link to view the rest. Firefox 2.0 has an “improved” RSS reader that finally displays full-text articles for feeds. But it still lacks the ability to filter out entries based on categories and tags, nor dynamic searching of feed entries.

There are many things I dislike about FF 2.0, and the RSS feature is one of them. The inability to search/filter out entries  based on cats and or tags, make this something I will not use. You CAN however, download Sage for RSS.

Unfortunately, cause I am not happy with this latest release, it still appears to be the best browser overall.

Btw, IMO, IE7 sucks more. A lot more.

Thanks for the update, Mandy!
Pages: 1 2