TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bush Signs Bill Enabling Martial Law in US Cities and States
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:In a stealth maneuver, President Bush has signed into law a provision which, according to Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont), will actually encourage the President to declare federal martial law (1). It does so by revising the Insurrection Act, a set of laws that limits the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States. The Insurrection Act (10 U.S.C.331 -335) has historically, along with the Posse Comitatus Act (18 U.S.C.1385), helped to enforce strict prohibitions on military involvement in domestic law enforcement. With one cloaked swipe of his pen, Bush is seeking to undo those prohibitions.

Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122) (2), which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th, 2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder."...

full article: http://towardfreedom.com/home/content/view/911/

The bill was one of 2 bills signed by Bush on October 17, 2006 that have the potential to severely limit freedom in the USA.  The other bill signed by Bush that day, the Military Commissions Act of 2006, authorized tough interrogation of terror suspects and smoothed the way for trials before military commissions.

Let freedom ring......or NOT/ Bush signs bill to interrogate, prosecute terror suspects
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...495.0.html
This thing has so many possible consequences to it, it is truly frightening to consider.

I wonder if we will ever wake up and take our country back from these despots?

If one had gone into a coma 10-15 years ago, and just now awakened, I don't think this country would be recognizable to that person.

Edited to correct phrasing.
I wonder if he will invoke martial law on election day? Things have gotten so completely out of hand, and we still have 2 more years of this president and his cronies leadership to look forward to. To call it scary is putting it mildly. :blinkie:
[quote author=chiquita link=topic=5668.msg29998#msg29998 date=1162250577]
I wonder if he will invoke martial law on election day? Things have gotten so completely out of hand, and we still have 2 more years of this president and his cronies leadership to look forward to. To call it scary is putting it mildly. :blinkie:
[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. Particularly considering the  tampering they have done with previous elections. Angryfire

Yeah, saying it is scary is verrrrrrrrrry mild!

Also, he signed the thing just a  few days prior to the mid-term elections, which the Republicans expect to lose. Really scary.
[/quote]

He doesn't need to.  He's friends with Diebold's CEO.  Happy001  :blinkie: :blinkie:
[quote author=regic link=topic=5668.msg30001#msg30001 date=1162250831]
[/quote]

He doesn't need to.  He's friends with Diebold's CEO.  Happy001  :blinkie: :blinkie:
[/quote]

I knew I should have read that thread!!

I swear, he is truly an evil man.
All they would have to do is come up with one their famous "vague" credible terrorist threats, and call out the guard, or call off the elections stating it is a matter of homeland security. Diebold is the backup plan just in case. The number of Diebold electronic voting machines has grown rapidly and is in more cities now than since the last presidential election.

Here is a great link to a youtube video called How to steal an election with a Diebold Machine
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/h...200693.php
Now I really won't sleep tonight, lol. Tongue2

Great video, Chiquita---thanks for the link!

A comment from a poster at the tube:

Quote:SHHHH. What if the Republicans get a hold of this information? They'll demand that all voting machines be changed to Diebolds IMMEDIATELY...oh wait...what? They already did? EVERYBODY PANIC.

Happy001 

Funny and scary.
Another comment from a poster on the tube (see the link above that Chiquita provided):

Quote:As an IT guy for many years, I was quite disturbed when
1) they replaced mechanical voting devices with electronic devices,
2) that those same devices ran proprietary non-inspectable software, and
3) no paper or other copy/receipt of a vote was produced in the device.

Now, what many of us knew to be the case has been demonstrated. Of course, the same parties that would not accept that there was no proven election fraud in Florida in 2004 will continue to trust in a flawed-from-conception technical fix to what was a non-problem in the first place.

*sigh*
Pages: 1 2 3