TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Google Checkout adds Coupon Creator for Merchants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Since launching Google Checkout earlier this year, we've received a lot of feedback on the features you'd like to see. Coupons and discounts have been a big hit so far with buyers, but until now, it's been hard to create coupons without being an API wizard. Now, you can create coupons right from the merchant center. You can specify $-off discounts, %-off discounts, and specify such things as "one per customer," "new customers only," and so on. To help you better optimize your discounts and sales, you can even track usage of the coupons and get reports...

full article: http://googlecheckout.blogspot.com/2006/...or_27.html
As far as I know they still have NOT addressed
the issue of having thier payment method (buttons)
AHEAD of others in your cart.
(Still pretty low of them if you ask me)  >Sad

As far as I know your customers STILL have the opportunity to Hide
thier e mail address, making it impossible to communicate
direct with your customer.
To do so you MUST go through the GP system.
It's my customer NOT Googles so I want to be able to have their e mail address PERIOD.  Nono

As far as I know the GP e mails they send to your customer who decides
NOT to divulge thier e mail address to the merchant is still some generic BS canned e mail.

Kind of hard to up sell or let your customer know of deals
and other products if GP has no way to allow you to customize
those e mails.  :Smile

Kind of evident that Google is playing with FREE and FAIR trade issues with the policy
of "OUR BUTTON FIRST" on your check out pages.

Sorry GP you look more like PP 2 to me.
At least PP gives you the e mail addresses of your customers.
Quote:At least PP gives you the e mail addresses of your customers.

Well, yes and no. I tried for days on end to bulk download my buyer's email addresses from Paypal and it would not let me.  Tongue2 I think I'm on their sh.it list too.
I added a Google discount coupon to my site but as far as I can tell, the customer doesn't even see it until they check out using Google. So I doubt if anybody will be taking advantage of it.
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5673.msg29929#msg29929 date=1162229651]
Quote:At least PP gives you the e mail addresses of your customers.

Well, yes and no. I tried for days on end to bulk download my buyer's email addresses from Paypal and it would not let me.  Tongue2 I think I'm on their sh.it list too.
[/quote]

PP's bulk download has been screwed up for months too.
Seems all the techs are busy slamming unhappy customers on the PP boards to actually fix anything over there. :Smile

Or maybe they are all hanging out at thier MyWorlds or Match Ups? ;D