TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Why are US Presidents allowed to campaign for their party's candidates consideri
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why are US Presidents allowed to campaign for their party's candidates considering the following:
1. They are on the public payroll/our time/our tax dollars.

2. They sometimes spend months on end doing little else!

3. How is this fair to the party that is NOT in power?

It irritates the hell out of me, no matter which party it is. And this President has been one of the biggest offenders!! Angryfire
ALL Federally elected politicians are on the public payroll -- be they Presidents or Congressmen.  Somewhere in the rules they are allowed to stump for each other in political years, because it's been happening, and a tradition, since George Washington.

It's very fair, because even ex-Presidents get into the act -- and THEY are still on the public payroll.  You can bet that Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter will be politicking for members of their party, and so will Bush-1 and Ford if they can.  And if the sitting president happens to not be very popular, you can bet that there will be some members of his party that don't want his public backing.  So, the sitting president can either help OR hinder, depending on the situation...

And just because the news is showing the President doing 'nothing much else', you can bet that's the way they want it to look.  The President of the United States, no matter what party he belongs to, spends almost 24/7/365 working his job, no matter where he is. He's on 24-hour call.  He doesn't have to be sitting in the White House all the time.  It's called telephones and computers.

Smile

We aren't seeing much of the president this time around.  Laughing7

I would really like NOT to see Lee Iacocca again.  Tongue2
Quote:I would really like NOT to see Lee Iacocca again.

Lol, Cranky! Happy001

I met Iacocca once. I am taller than he is! Laughing7

Bush is running around like crazy according to the news. Tongue1

Ford is too sick to do anything. Ford is a good man, btw, even if he is a Republican. Tongue3
Taller than Engler too. Tongue2
Remind me to tell you what my Mom did to that jackasp once upon a time! Happy001
The republicans have been too busy running around putting out fires. Foley, Delay,Abramoff, and more.
Bush gets his info from the "internets" and he "googles" the crawford ranch using their map feature too.
Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
...according to the news...

Exactly.

You're right.  I forgot that Ford is very ill.  AND a good man.

The folks I hate to see campaigning are the idiot actors and actresses who think they are important and who think everyone cares what they think.  :Smile  Embarassing maroons is what they are........ Tongue

Funny, Chiquita !!  Big Grin
[quote author=chiquita link=topic=5675.msg30036#msg30036 date=1162256518]
The republicans have been too busy running around putting out fires. Foley, Delay,Abramoff, and more.
Bush gets his info from the "internets" and he "googles" the crawford ranch using their map feature too.
Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
[/quote]

Happy001
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=5675.msg30033#msg30033 date=1162256271]
Remind me to tell you what my Mom did to that jackasp once upon a time! Happy001
[/quote]

If it was really bad, then I need to know.  Wink HE is the main reason this state is in the mess it is. And there was no way that any governor could clean up his 12 year mess in 4 years.  Protest

[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5675.msg30052#msg30052 date=1162258553]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=5675.msg30033#msg30033 date=1162256271]
[/quote]

If it was really bad, then I need to know.  Wink HE is the main reason this state is in the mess it is. And there was no way that any governor could clean up his 12 year mess in 4 years.  Protest

[/quote]

I pm'd you.

You are so right. What a miserable person and governor he was/is!! And he is an amazingly small, unprepossessing man in person. He makes me  Puke
Pages: 1 2 3