TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: How to burn MP-3s to CD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have downloaded a bunch of MP-3s, they play fine off my computer. Now I would like to burn them to cd's. I fear that is not as straight forward as it seems. I run windows 98 (yeah, I know) and my friend (also windows 98) recently bought a CD burner and found, despite the label saying it is compatable with 98  - it didn't work.

I also have noted that cd's are in cda format. I have MP-3s, cassettes, and a few MP-4's that I would like to pull the audio from, though I fear that is beyond hope.

I have been happily playing my cassettes and ignoring all this. (I also want to put music from cassettes onto CDs). Could somebody explain what I am getting into?
I use Roxio to burn MP3's, copy vinyl, copy CDs, etc.  I used it on ME and XP.  Let me find out if Roxio 5 says it is compatible with 98.  If it is... I could send it to ya. 

I'm a dork... I just re-read your post and see that it isn't the program you are having problems with... but the CD burner.  Hmmmmm
JetAudio would be an excellent choice.  I cannot tell you where to get it or how much it costs because i got/get mine for free Smile
I don't know what CDA disk format is, but CD-R has never failed to work for me on WIN 95 forward.

hth!
Yeah - I am at the hardware phase - Let me put it this way: Can I go to Target (department store) buy a CD burner and copy the MP-3's from my hard drive onto CD?  Seems simple, but I don't know, my friend could not do it.

Can I copy cassettes onto CD? Again this seems so simple, obvious. A clear sign of trouble ahead(!)  Big Grin

I copied a track from a CD to my hard drive and it was in cda format, not mp-3. Checked a CD from another manufacturer and it was also cda format.