TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Blast at PayPal forces evacuation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
An explosion at eBay's PayPal division Tuesday night shattered a window and forced the evacuation of 26 employees, as crews combed the company's North First Street complex for incendiary devices.

No one was injured inside the company's four-story network operations center at 2211 N. First St. in San Jose, and no explosive devices were found in the rest of the company's 100,000-square-foot complex, which police had cordoned off Tuesday night. EBay officials say operations were not disturbed.

``Whatever caused it was pretty strong,'' San Jose Fire Capt. Jose Guerrero said.

Full Artical
Destroying evidence? Grand jury investigations coming, maybe?

;D
From cbs5.com:

Quote:(CBS 5 / BCN) SAN JOSE An explosive device left at the eBay-owned PayPal headquarters in San Jose exploded Tuesday night, shattering a plate-glass window on the four-story building.

Some 26 employees were working inside the building at the time of the explosion. They reportedly called 911 after hearing the blast.

"Whatever caused this was pretty strong,' said San Jose Fire Department Capt. Jose Guerrero. "It's tough to break one of these windows."

The bomb was placed outside an exit at the PayPal building that leads to the company's conference center.

The fire department responded to the building at 2211 North 1st St. at 7:31 pm after being contacted by the building's private alarm company that some windows were broken and several explosions may have occurred inside, according to Guerrero.

Authorities confirmed only one explosion Tuesday night and said damage was limited to a shattered window and its frame, Guerrero said.

Firefighters ordered the evacuation of the building and members of the bomb squad and the hazardous materials team investigated the incident, according to Guerrero.

There was no immediate word on the contents of the device, but officials told CBS 5 Tuesday that the debris left behind was not radiological.

In a non related My Tube Clip someone sent me:  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEHnCcw59O0
Quote:My Tube Clip

Was that a Freudian slip or a deliberate way to turn the conversation to socks again?

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
OT but I don't KNOW where to put it.

Children with sock puppets
Regic said"
(In a LOCKED thread called Children with sock puppets)
The usual morning links to articles are canceled today since the consensus seems to be in favor of catfighting instead of business.
======

THAT SUX cause I always wake up and love to read the articles.
As a matter of fact I believe I made mention of how those
articles are pushed off the page by all the BS and drama threads / posts.  Sad

PLEASE FEED ME .  I need GOOD content.  Mandy Mandy FEED ME.... :'(
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=5703.msg30279#msg30279 date=1162385830]
Quote:My Tube Clip

Was that a Freudian slip or a deliberate way to turn the conversation to socks again?

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
[/quote]

No  >Sad  ;D Stay away from "my tube".  8)
[quote author=xppman link=topic=5703.msg30280#msg30280 date=1162385855]
OT but I don't KNOW where to put it.

Children with sock puppets
Regic said"
(In a LOCKED thread called Children with sock puppets)
The usual morning links to articles are canceled today since the consensus seems to be in favor of catfighting instead of business.
======

THAT SUX cause I always wake up and love to read the articles. [/quote]

Me Too!  Tearyeyed There is so much left for me to learn. I wake up to Mandy and Coffee2 I have many Mandy Articles bookmarked and refer to them often. I need this stuff, now.  :angry017:

I don't have time to waste reading  Pain10
Yea the Good Morning Mandy Show Wave
(Some other contributors as well)
MY GOD between the bumps of old useless BS and the  Pain10  between a few here,
it is getting so hard to find that content me needs to FEED my mind daily.  Sad
Okay, I gotta' chime in here.

First, I pretty much blow past the drama. But, it gets old. Had a gut full of drama and spam at PSU and contribute there much less often than I used to. A lot of "old timers" no longer maintain a presence there.

I hit forums for news updates, help and info, and a good laugh. Forums are where I take "breaks" from the grind, and I like the time to be constructive.

Clearly, it's not a forum's responsibility to meet my needs. Just like t.v., if it ain't workin' out, there are other channels to view. I "changed channels" on 2 forums in October. I invited someone to join TT last weekend. They're already a member but only lurk. Drama is one of the three reasons they cited for not being involved here.

The drama, in the long run, has a negative impact on growth. If members find this site of value, then handling some of the drama privately would probably help growth and development over the long haul.

Ain't my site. Ain't my business. But that thar's my nickle's worth, 'cause I do like this site and many of the members, been lurkin' for months.  Wave
Pages: 1 2 3 4