TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Product RSS Feed Maker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maggie--does Monster Commerce have any way to output your product database as an RSS feed?

If not, does anyone know of a program or service that can "rip" your products from the site or from a spreadsheet and convert it to RSS? I don't fancy having to make one from scratch for submission to Google Base or similar places.
Edgeio seems to have a "rip" thing, but it doesn't work for my site.  :'(

Is there *any* way to add an RSS feed generator to a regular site, without someone having to manually create an RSS feed of the site's products? I don't have time right now to make one.
what shopping cart software is your site running on?

I got my RSS feed builder from magneticone.com

I'm using Monster Commerce.
it looks like monstercommerce is ran on .asp, if so then you need to look for a rss builder to be compatible with asp.

I'll try and search for one.
I appreciate your help. I'm still stuck in web 1.0. LOL.

I'll post anything I find here.
I have not been able to find much about an .asp RSS builder script.
Quote:I don't fancy having to make one from scratch for submission to Google Base

You don't need an RSS feed for Base bulk submissions.  You can use the MonsterDataPort addon which will build Froogle/Base files.  You can also use DataPort to create a Shopzilla feed.

I have the instructions for the old 4.1 version of Dataort bookmarked from last year.
http://kb.monstercommerce.com/support/qu..._feed.html

You create the Base/Froogle file and then upload it from your PC through the bulk upload section in your Base account.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5705.msg30323#msg30323 date=1162403602]
Maggie--does Monster Commerce have any way to output your product database as an RSS feed?

If not, does anyone know of a program or service that can "rip" your products from the site or from a spreadsheet and convert it to RSS? I don't fancy having to make one from scratch for submission to Google Base or similar places.
[/quote]

DataPort 5.0 exports in Froogle and Google Base formats.

http://kb.monstercommerce.com/developmen...ase_1.html