TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: It Took 4 Months To Do This??? The New FAS: EcommerceArena.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[quote author=Jen link=topic=581.msg2239#msg2239 date=1128042584]
Jeremy - there's all this hype about the new, better FAS coming out.  It's been said that it has been a work in progress for how long?  Yes, I snorted in disgust when I noticed the logo.  Not against Kirk, not against the moderation team . . . against poor site leadership.  Was the logo made today?  If so, why was the logo made today, when this has been "in progress" for so long.

I'll repeat - give me a break.

Jen
[/quote]

I don't know how long it's been called a work in progress but I do know that the mod team was assembled and we've been working on the categories and rules etc for about 2 weeks or so off and on. Four months it has not been thats for sure.

It only really hit full steam just a few days ago.

magnoliamaggie

Gen010

Dazed008

[quote author=magnoliamaggie link=topic=581.msg2250#msg2250 date=1128053220]
Amy, whether you like it or not, you have just become a**hole #2 and lost the respect of many readers here for outing the url of something that is still being worked on.  And all FAS members and peeps can pretty well figure out who the first a**hole #1 is that told you what the url is.  If you have anyself respect left at all, you'll delete this entire thread.  The other peesawombat poo poo never has had any inkling of right vs wrong.

Really sick.
[/quote]

You need one of these...

[Image: chill.jpg]
The boards look just like OTWA  Wink

Angel  Angel5
I actually think Amy did EA a world of good!

As a side note, in pilot speak, EA is an acronym for "Enemy Aircraft."

Edited to correct spelling error. :-[

Edit to add:
I didn't have time to fix it, but this should help.

[Image: ea000.jpg]
Or, better yet...

[Image: ea001.jpg]
I noticed this post last night, but just checked fas and the last post in the announcement section was: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:25 pm.  For all current fas mods, I can't see how it will be in your best interest not to announce/post this link to the fas members asap. 

I should have known that something was up yesterday when I got an email out of the blue from an old wp cheerleader-gone-friendly asking me to give them the link (not anyone related in any way, shape or form to TT).  I knew better than to fall into that trap, so despite what Jeremy will probably think, I didn't leak the link to anyone, not friend, foe or otherwise.  Anyway, although I treated it like a national secret, let's face it, it's not - so if you have any hope of holding on to the memebrship you have now, I think, imho, that the right thing to do is to fill them in asap.
It's just another bulletin board system, for better or for worse.
I have no emotions about it any which way.

Best of luck to the crew working on it.

As for the length of time it's been worked on--

Matt originally asked three of us to be "super mods" of the new FAS--way back in the spring (I think April or May even), but he never put anything into the works until recently. All the potential "super mods" did was chat a few times via IM, to make sure we all agreed on the moderatorship style. I initially accepted his offer--thinking it would be nice to be part of a site that only lightly moderated posts (deleting knockoff handbag sellers or moving posts to the correct forums--nothing more).

I later changed my mind and wrote Matt to let him know that I was sorry, but would not be able to mod for him in the future. He never bothered to respond to my email. LOL. Guess he was OK with it.

So--there have been rumors circulating about it since the spring, but I doubt Matt actually allowed anyone to work on it until August or September.
Ross picks up the member infighting at FAS

http://www.therossshow.com/showthread.php?t=2561
Yeeeesh people!

Looks like Matt is working on the site - I thought that was what people wanted.

Remind me never to start a forum.   
Pages: 1 2 3